Hello from Alaska

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Craigus

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, Folks! I just found Scubaboard - kewl site, so I signed up. We live in Anchorage - but we're unabashed warm water divers - never dipped a fin up here (yet). Diving gives us a reason to eascape cold weather here. We did our first liveaboard a few years ago and we're hooked. So, we try to do one a year. This year was Belize (Sun Dancer II); last year was GBR (Nimrod Explorer). In between liveaboards, we usually go to Hawaii each year also. We're looking at a liveaboard in either Bali or Pelau next year. We've just gone digital underwater - Canon S50 w/ their U/W housing and Sea&Sea YS25 strobe. We have an online dive log at: http://www.survivalcreek.com/scuba/. OK, this is enough! It's just nice to even think diving right now :tree:

Welcome to Scubaboard from sunny Fla. where we dive all year.
Come visit sometime.

Hi there! I'm from (born and raised) in Alaska... but right now my husband is stationed in Hawaii (so I'm here too). We dive all the time here and love it. I was wondering about moving back home and the cold cold cold water diving! Does anyone dive in the ocean out there? I have seen some people diving in wasilla lake before, but I don't think there could be much to see but a bunch of muck! Anyways, if you do take a dip in the cold, let me know how it was :eek:) we're coming home for a visit in August. Take care and hope you get wet soon! Aloha

Welcom to the board from New England USA. Have fun here and Dive Safe ...............

HIdiver once bubbled...
Hi there! I'm from (born and raised) in Alaska...
I was wondering about moving back home and the cold cold cold water diving! Does anyone dive in the ocean out there?

Yup - people DO dive in the Ocean here. Dry suit with Argon is a good thing.
Warm water? What's that? Isn't that the kind that comes in a hot tub?:wink:

welcome from here too! why don't you dive in Alaska?
ciao

Enjoy Alaska. Wasn't certified when I was there. Spent a while in Anchorage and Fairbanks in 1969 when things wer getting put back together after the eathquakes. Valdez was brand new having moved down the coast, but prior to the peipline. Have been told I wouldn't even know it was the same place.

Welcome to the board!! :)

I've always wanted to join the polar bear club. Do you have that there? I'm sure you do since it does get icy.

I am in Southern California & still feel like its Alaska here, so I appreciate that you take trips to warm-water places to dive. Welcome to the Scuba Board - there are lots of helpful people here, I have found!

sapphire

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom