Hello...from Bacolod City

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey goodive, you should try visiting the Philippines some time. Yes, Boracay is a nice place to be... with the white beach and all. There are issues on properties right now. Boracay properties are not titled properties and recently, the government declared it to be alienable and disposable lands (meaning you can have it titled after paying the government for the land). Now, those who made improvements there would not want to pay again ut they are sitting on porperties not on their names. So that is where the problem is.... But, the stuation is controllable. It is still a nice place to be :)

Hi Hank49, nice meeting you here. I know Boy Saldana and Jed Montinola. hey are good friends of mine, although they are from Iloilo. Did you dive at Boy's place at Janini-iy, Antique. It's a good dive site, but only few people had been there I believe. So, where did you stay n Bacolod City before. Do you know any divers from here?

I started diving with Boy in Anani'i in about 93. We used to go there and pay the local fishermen to take us out to Nogas on their boats. But since then, Boy has used a fishfinder, along with local fishermen's secret spots, and found a lot of other spots all around there. He's built a really nice house, in the same mode as Isla Naburot, showers, one aircon room... with his compressor, lots of tanks and a couple boats. I've been there three times in the last year and a half. Boy's got a good thing going there and actually has a website now. Fisheye Diver's is planning on bringing people down for a couple days diving also...or so I've heard.
I used to hang out with Alex Montelibano, God rest his soul. We would stock his farm, hang out with Fred Barcelona, and go play golf. (he was really good...I'm not) I knew most of the old generation prawn farm people. I guess it's changed a lot since I left in late 96 though. Maybe we can hook up and dive there in the not so distant future.

Hi gold, thanks for the info. Philippines, definitely on my list.

Back
Top Bottom