Hello from Costa Rica

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HerraduraDivers

Contributor
Reaction score
Herradura - Jaco, Costa Rica and Orosei - Sardinia
# of dives
Hello to everybody,

i just want to introduce myself.

My name is Chris Karrer and i am a native Swiss but lived the last 12 years in Italy running my own boatcharter and Offshore Fishing company. I worked for a long time as Captain and later as Dive master for the local Dive Shop there in Sardinia where i lived.

2007 i came the first time to Costa Rica and i felt immediately in love with this beautiful, friendly country.
2008 i worked here for 6 month as Dive Master and i did various trips to allmost all dive destinations here in Costa Rica and to Isla Coiba in Panama.

I just overtaken a 5 year old PADI Dive Resort named Herradura Divers in Playa Herradura near the Los Sueños Resort and Marina and 3 miles north of the town of Jaco.

Best regards

Chris Karrer

congrats, chris put some info and picts or link if ya have a website up.

what is the attraction of diving in your area, so others can be tempted to try and the other tourist things at surface interval time.

wish you the very best on your christmas presentwith a new dive resort.

Happy Diving

Welcome to the 'board!!!

Costa Rica is on my list, so I hope to dive with you one day...good luck on your adventure. I see you already found your local travel forum...enjoy!

Oh woow,
thanks Guys for your nice welcome.

I hope to see some of you down here and in the meantime
i send you my best regards and at least always 500 PSI in your Tank(s).

Chris

Last edited:
welcome aboard

Hi Chris,

I just joined the board as well - and one of the reasons was to find out about Herradura divers! I'm coming to CR Feb 27th and am staying in the Jaco area (Villa Caletas). I am relatively new to diving - got certified 1 1/2 years ago - but don't have too much opportunity to dive in NYC, which is where I'm from. I would love to hear more about your dive shop. Also, do you recommend doing the 'local' dive or going to Tortuga Island for the day?

Hello ggbrock,

first i want to welcome you here on the board and give you my congratulations for your choice of Villa Calettas.
Villa Calettas has on of the most spectacular views in Costa Rica and i am shure you will enjoy your vacancy there.

Regarding the divesites, the main differenc between Isla Tortuga and a local dive is as follows:

- The ride across the Gulf of Nicoya ist 15 Nm and 40/50 minutes and often we watch Whales, Dolfins and Mantas
- The trip to Isla Tortuga is full Day from 8 - 16, including hot lunch
- Isla Tortuga is perfect to make a daytrip together with non-diving partners/kids/friends
- Isla Tortuga is a famous beautiful small tropical island, with good snorkeling and a candid beach
- Diving is not necessarly better than locally, but due his protected positiont, the visibility could be better when localy the waves moving the sediments.

Be informed that we are spotting mantarays almost daily on localdives and the will stay here in this concentration up to april.

For futher informations, dont hesitate to drop me a line to:

chris at herraduradivers dot com

I would be glad to help you.

Best regards an see you soon

Chris

Back
Top Bottom