Hello from Hawaii

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cb900c82

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,
Long time lurker, first time poster. Been reading the posts about identifying yourself, so here I am. I’m in the Air Force and stationed in Hawaii. I know, rough duty. I earned my OW while in Curacao back in 2000, thru IDEA. I’ve since completed AOW and Rescue Diver thru PADI. I’m also TDI basic Nitrox. I’ve got just under 100 dives. All my diving has been in warm water, due to my locations. My coldest dive was at Ginnie Springs Fl. I know, some are saying “that’s not cold”. I consider myself a recreational diver with aspirations of becoming more “of a tech” diver. My long time dream is to dive Truk Lagoon. So I plan on learning decompression and advance Nitrox in the next year or so. My current kit consists of a Mares primary and an Air2, and I also have a MK20 UL with a S600 in the shop. I can hardly wait to test dive it. My BC is a Scubapro SuperHawk , but I’m dieing for a chance to test out a BP and wings (thanks to this board, and my dream of deep diving). For gauges I use a Vytec with transmitter. To round out my equipment, JetFins (no spring straps, yet, but again, thank you board members). In case anyone’s wondering about my screen name, it comes from my motorcycle, a Honda CB900 C(ustom), (19)82 .

Aloha and welcome from Maui!

Aloha from another Hawaii diver (although I havn't been in the water since I moved here 3 months ago).

I'm stationed here with the Navy

AliKat once bubbled...
Aloha from another Hawaii diver (although I havn't been in the water since I moved here 3 months ago).

Good God man get in the water quick. No one can be that busy to stay away from diving while in Hawaii for this long.

We've been on Maui for 44 days but are leaving monday. We've logged over 100 dives on this trip and zero luaus.

It's great to see another Hawaii diver.

When I first joined the board, it seemed like I was the only one here . . . and it's so nice to see more divers from our little neck of the woods here.

Hey. We bought a house in Hawaii, nice place!. welcome to the board:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom