Hello from Lexington KY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Janie1229

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi from Lexington KY :D My husband and I have been diving since 1999, although we took a few years off to go back to school in 2003. We've been back diving regularly for the last 5-6 years.

Did our first liveaboard this spring on the Caribbean Explorer II out of St. Kitts/Saba. I am hooked on liveaboards now :D What a perfect dive experience--I can understand now why I've heard other divers say they only do liveaboards. We were blessed with a fantastic crew, excellent food, and you can't beat the ease of diving. We lucked out with the other passengers, too. Nice group of 14 from France. Didn't speak a lot of English and our French was rusty, but underwater it's all the same language, lol. Boat was older and worn, but well taken care of and very comfortable. I wasn't disappointed. Only small negative is that the diving wasn't as spectacular as I'd hoped, but it was still decent. Viz was so-so, lots of particulates and trash in the waters around St. Kitts. A shame. Reef okay condition in Saba. Did see my second seahorse (first in Bonaire), turtles, some cute (yes cute) nurse sharks that followed us like puppy dogs on night dives, and other assorted cool marine life.

I'm now researching the next liveaboard, probably in the spring since we have a different vacay planned for the fall. Thinking of either Carib Dancer in Bahamas, or the Explorer again, this time in Turks. Anybody with any feedback on these, or the Belize Sun Dancer would be appreciated.

Happy diving :D

Funny, because I AM from New York. Grew up outside Albany in Delmar. Still consider myself a Yankee :D

Funny, because I AM from New York. Grew up outside Albany in Delmar. Still consider myself a Yankee :D

It is a very small world Janie.

I work in Albany area now. Went to Glenmont and then BC myself, although that was some time ago.

I would also recommend you look at Turneffe Island Resort in Belize. It's out on the atoll so you get the benefit of being really (minutes away) close to many good dive sites, plus a beautiful, private island for SI's and nights. It's a really wonderful place and great dive operation. They go farther afield to Lighthouse and the blue hole too and are usually the first boat out there after the live aboards. The food is amazing too and the staff, really nice. Just a thought!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom