Hello from Louisiana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wrain

New
Reaction score
# of dives
I came across this site while looking into places to take my grandson scuba diving. I have never been scuba diving but I have been snorkling in Jamaica. My grandson, who is 13 years old, just came off a cruise where he and his family went scuba diving in Cozumel. I plan on taking him somewhere in November and am looking for an all inclusive place to go. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Go back to Cozumel, the island is one of anyone´s top dive destinations. Fly onto the island, so as to avoid the hassle of getting there from the mainland...do not fly into Cancun. You also need to understand some things about your grandson and the diving he is allowed to do safely- most certifying agencies dictate that anyone under the age of 15 years old limit their dive depths to 40 feet or shallower. That being said, there are many companies out there that don´t hold to this rule. The Cozumel trench is over 3000 feet deep- well beyond the recreational dive limit, but there are many excellent dive sites 40 feet or shallower to enjoy in Cozumel.

Welcome to SCUBAboard!

I would recommend Little Cayman. The reef starts very shallow ( 20' ) which is excellent for young divers. There are a number of very good all inclusive dive resorts.

Have fun!

Wrain, agree with LC-----great EASY diving........Where in La. are you located???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom