Hello from Northern CA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mr Blue Sky

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all!

Long time lurker but finally decided to make an account and contribute more. I dive mostly in Monterey Bay every other week. I occasionally travel abroad for some warm water diving too. Nice virtually meet you!

Welcome. I hope you'll post us some trip reports. People sometimes post asking about California shore diving; I imagine a trip reports with photos, including topside entry, might help someone. My only California diving was a liveaboard trip to the Channel Islands (good stuff!) years ago.

Richard.

Hello from Pleasanton! I’m interested in trying out Monterey—been an off and on warm water driver since getting AOW in Indiana quarries in the early 80s. Not sure how I feel about wetsuits and 50 degree water again, but really getting the itch and there’s only so much money/time for resort diving.

Welcome to scubaboard!
Northern California diver here too.
I dive north of the GG bridge up in Sonoma and Mendocino counties.
Occasionally make it to Monterey but not since gas hit $6 a gallon. Been keeping it local.
Hit me up if you ever want to do a shore dive up here, be glad to show you around.
Cheers!

Hello from Placerville! I almost about as far away from the ocean and still be California as one can get.

I have about 15 years of diving experience - 99% of it in Washington. I moved back to California about 4 years ago and haven't been in the water since. I need to get all new gear then I'll be ready to go diving again! This time with a much longer drive to the dive site :(

East bay resident here..... but I only dive in tropical places. NorCal waters are too cold for me!

Hello from Placerville! I almost about as far away from the ocean and still be California as one can get.

I have about 15 years of diving experience - 99% of it in Washington. I moved back to California about 4 years ago and haven't been in the water since. I need to get all new gear then I'll be ready to go diving again! This time with a much longer drive to the dive site :(
There are a bunch of great places to camp on the coast with really nice campgrounds.
Pack up some gear and make a weekend out if it!

Hello- originally from Marin and did my certification dives in Monterey back in 1983, pretty much only warm-water diving since (I am a lightweight!) but the last few years, I have an itch to dive the Channel Islands if the planets align (need to be able to go at the window where there is a good balance between visibility and water temp).

welcome!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom