Hello from NoVA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MtnPlayVA

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi there - my name is Julie and am new to this sport. About to finish my OW cert this weekend at Dutch Springs - a little nervous but also very excited! My only other experience with diving is a Discover Dive in Belize - can't wait to go back down there - the reefs were beautiful.

Welcome to Scuba Board, Julie.

I was going to wish you good luck on your OW certification this weekend but have decided to instead say "CONGRATULATIONS on your OW"

...yeah, I'm jumping the gun but that is how positive I am that you will do fine.

Hi - I'm in NoVa too - not a new diver but an in experienced one. buddiless so I haven't been diving much except when i can afford a group trip.

Helo to both of you!!! I live in Lynchburg, but am from MD . . .

Lots of great information and friends on this board, if you have any questions shoot my a message!

John

Hi to both of you as well.

I dive as much as I can in NC, DE or Florida, but the majority of weekends I am here in NoVA diving at Millbrook Quarry as I am one of those odd divers who'd probably dive in a large pothole rather than stay dry on a day off.

I don't mind diving with new dive buddies so if you need one feel free to PM me and we can arrange something at Millbrook or possibly Lake Rawlings.

I did it!! I got certified from Sterling Silver Scuba. A fantastic group of people. Finished the Open Water cert on Sunday morning then went for a fun dive to 59ft - there's an old hewey helicopter down there. Got to swim through it. Dutch Springs is a neat place for those of you who have never been there. Now I have to figure out what I want to do next. Our instructor talked about Lake Rawlings - what is it like there? I do not feel comfortable enough with buoyancy in the water yet to dive with someone who isn't pretty experienced so I'm thinking of taking more classes so I can get some experience. The next question becomes gear - do I continue to rent or start buying.....and then what to buy first, second, etc.??

Back
Top Bottom