Hello from Oceanic | AERIS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Chris,

Just curious but what's a "Manger?"

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. :D

"Oceanic Regional Sales Manger Southeast"

cerich:
Hi Andrew,

I know this was posted to Doug but I'll answer it.
I've taught in Ontario,(Toby, used to live in Borden outside Barrie). The Delta 4 will be fine in the waters you are diving in regards to cold water performance. It comes with an enviornmental seal from the factory. If you are diving in the winter (ice diving) the out of water temp. can be an issue with any regulator. Make sure you do not breath thru the reg on the surface, the wet first stage being in very cold air is much more likely to freeze than if you only breath thru it when the first stage is under water. I've taught ice diving with a air temp of -20 and using the proper technique was the indicator of how well the regulator resisted freezing, more so than the design.

Best,

Chris Richardson
Oceanic Regional Sales Manger Southeast

Masterfish:
Hi Doug & Oceanic team,

If i may, can anyone confirm if the Oceanlog software has problems working with AMD PC's?

I have successfully installed Oceanlog on 2 laptops, but i cannot get it to work on my desktop (main) PC at home (runtime error 1004 every time i attempt to load it).

Any theories?

Any help GREATLY appreciated.
P.S. sorry if this is in the wrong section, but its driving me around the bend!

Hello Masterfish,

Can you tell me exactly when this is happening, or better yet a screen shot?

Thanks,

Doug

Hi Doug,

Are you using the same OS for all of the PCs? Could it be a BIOS issue?

Masterfish:
Hi Doug & Oceanic team,

If i may, can anyone confirm if the Oceanlog software has problems working with AMD PC's?

I have successfully installed Oceanlog on 2 laptops, but i cannot get it to work on my desktop (main) PC at home (runtime error 1004 every time i attempt to load it).

Any theories?

Any help GREATLY appreciated.
P.S. sorry if this is in the wrong section, but its driving me around the bend!

Screenshot

Hi Doug,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Here is the screenshot of the error i recieve directly after double clicking Oceanlog.exe or its shortcut (on my desktop).

View attachment 30895

I have installed the patch aswell (also seen on the desktop).

I am running WinXP Pro on both of my laptops and my desktop PC. The only difference is that my desktop has Service Pack 2 and all available updates, whereas the laptop (1) has only service pack 1 but the other laptop has Service Pack 2 (and all updates).

I cannot see how the Bios can affect a software program, especially one that can still run on win2k and earlier, but for interests sake i have a Gigabyte GA-k8-NF9 motherboard with the latest bios-flash.

the only major difference is my desktop is an AMD 64 bit processor.
Here's the info about my PC:
AMD 3500+ 2.31Ghz CPU
1.00GB of RAM
300GB of available HDD space in a RAID 0 configuration
6600GT 128MB video card from Leadtek.

That about covers any base-line probs, any thoughts, i'm dieing to get Oceanlog on my main PC.

Thanks in advance,

MasterFish.

hi all, more update-

i have also regsvr'd the DAO350.DLL incase that would help, it didnt. I have re-installed the MS .NET framework (1.0,1.1,2.0) that didnt work either. Installed the VB6 .DLL's and runtimes, still same error.

Shy of running a program such as DIFFDOG on the three computers to find out whats different, i have no idea's and look forward to Doug's assistance.

thnx again.

as far as I could see, Oceanlog uses DAO360.dll - there's an update on microsoft's site for the DAO engine, if you don't want to install SP2.

Randy43068:
Hi Chris,

Just curious but what's a "Manger?"

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. :D

"Oceanic Regional Sales Manger Southeast"

a typo.....:wink:

Masterfish:
Hi Doug,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Here is the screenshot of the error i recieve directly after double clicking Oceanlog.exe or its shortcut (on my desktop).

View attachment 30895

I have installed the patch aswell (also seen on the desktop).

I am running WinXP Pro on both of my laptops and my desktop PC. The only difference is that my desktop has Service Pack 2 and all available updates, whereas the laptop (1) has only service pack 1 but the other laptop has Service Pack 2 (and all updates).

I cannot see how the Bios can affect a software program, especially one that can still run on win2k and earlier, but for interests sake i have a Gigabyte GA-k8-NF9 motherboard with the latest bios-flash.

the only major difference is my desktop is an AMD 64 bit processor.
Here's the info about my PC:
AMD 3500+ 2.31Ghz CPU
1.00GB of RAM
300GB of available HDD space in a RAID 0 configuration
6600GT 128MB video card from Leadtek.

That about covers any base-line probs, any thoughts, i'm dieing to get Oceanlog on my main PC.

Thanks in advance,

MasterFish.

My desktop is very close only amd 3400+ 64 and geforce 6800 gt 256

I've been running on my laptop (athlon 2400) no issue but will see how my desktop handles

HELLO DOUG .... just wanted to say HI and let you know I purchased a Aeris XT BC and a ATMOS Ai computer from Texas Divers in Nederland last June before my Nekton trip. Both products worked great and I'm very happy with them. I did look at your line of regulators but Phil Mintz came out with a trade-in program and I purchased a Mares Abyss instead.

scubapro50:
HELLO DOUG .... just wanted to say HI and let you know I purchased a Aeris XT BC and a ATMOS Ai computer from Texas Divers in Nederland last June before my Nekton trip. Both products worked great and I'm very happy with them. I did look at your line of regulators but Phil Mintz came out with a trade-in program and I purchased a Mares Abyss instead.

we have a trade in program that you can trade in that reg.:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom