Hello From Okinawa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Azelen

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Brand new diver here, just completed my PADI OW course here on Okinawa. I'm looking forward to learning the craft of diving, and this board seems like it will be a useful part of that.

Welcome! I would suggest finding dive buddies in your area and go diving. For more advanced questions and free advice, there are some very knowledgeable people here.

Thanks all! I've got a ready pool of buddies, as most of the guys I work with are divers, and my wife went through the class with me. Time to get out there and accrue some experience!

The Seawall and Kadena steps are good places to work on your skills.

Welcome, Oki is a great place to dive...Mongodives is right, the Seawall, Steps and Kadena North are all really good for experience. Junkyard is one of my favorites during high tide. Seen large cuttle fish and turtles there.

Congrats on getting certified. Okinawa and the surrounding islands have some of the best diving in the world. Get out and explore and dive. We are in the middle of whale season now - great time to hit the Keramas and get a dive in and see these magnificent creatures. Hope to see you around the dive sites here!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom