Hello from San Diego newbie gearing up!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Adgie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Greetings all. Great forum, I've learned so much already. Here's my profile and list of gear I'm planning on buying in the next month.

Dive location: predominantly San Diego, CA
Temperature: ~50F at depth
Dive types: <100ft, open water to discover local sights and improve my skill
Reg: Aqualung Titan LX
Suit: Henderson Gold 7mm semi-dry
BC: Sequest Pro QD

If any of this seems inappropriate, would appreciate any inputs.

Thanks in advance,
Adgie

Lots of very fine sand on San Diego beaches....makes sure that reg is environmentally sealed.

"ENVIRONMENTAL DRY SEALING SYSTEM
Standard on most Apeks first stages is the unique Environmental Dry Sealing System. This system serves a number of purposes, including the prevention of ice build up on the main spring that can occur when diving in extremely cold water. Dry sealing the first stage also acts as a safeguard against the entry of contaminants and silt into the main spring chamber, and eliminates the need for messy silicone oil or grease filling inside your regulator. The Environmental Dry Sealing system is found on Apeks Black Pearl, ATX 200, ATX100, ATX50, ATX 40, and TX 40/DS4 first stages."

Thus, I would recommend the ATX 50 regulator......

I would go with the Excel Semi Dry wetsuit, the Hendersons don't last that long.

Thanks, ShakaZulu...fellow engineer too!
I had been considering both of those options and will check into them more. I noticed that Henderson just got a "Best Choice" in Scuba Diver mag's 7mm survey, along with others (Pinacle, etc). Much thanks for the info! I'll see you around the beach...
Adgie

ShakaZulu:
Lots of very fine sand on San Diego beaches....makes sure that reg is environmentally sealed.

Thus, I would recommend the ATX 50 regulator......

I would go with the Excel Semi Dry wetsuit, the Hendersons don't last that long.

Oh, don't read to much into that magazine, they are very biased to whoever treats them the best......

http://www.xcelwetsuits.com/05dive/home.html

I dive the Titanium Polar Quad Density, and it's been fine down to 50 degrees. Second dive get's cold though, not matter what you wear.

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Welcome to the board! Hope to see you in the water sometime (I'm also in san diego county).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom