Hello, from Santa Cruz!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

emilywd16

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello, All! As a retiring student from UC Santa Cruz, I will soon be receiving a B.S. in Cognitive Science and a minor in Electrical Engineering. I am a San Diego native, and therefore have a natural affinity for the water, growing up boogie-boarding at the Shores, snorkeling around the Cove, and surfing in OB. In my final months at UCSC, I realized I would like to earn my scuba diving certification. I look forward to becoming a more confident swimmer in the ocean, as well as being able to explore the great underwater sights around the world.

Welcome. I finally made it out to try California diving this past August, and was really happy with it. I don't know whether you've been through a course yet, or how plugged in you are to the local dive scene. Just in case, a couple of links to share:

My Notes For Researching My California Dive Trip - http://www.scubaboard.com/community/threads/my-notes-for-researching-my-california-dive-trip.532316/

Trip Report - Truth Aquatics Vision August 2016 - http://www.scubaboard.com/community/threads/truth-aquatics-aug-2016-trip-report-california.532435/

Richard.

Welcome! You've chosen wisely IMO to take up diving. :)

howdy and welcome from southeast florida...

Hello and welcome.

As you may know, there is a NorCal forum here in the Regional forums - good place to go for locally relevant advice & info.

Im not sure if you're certified yet and looking for diving opportunities up here, but if so I recommend the Meetup.com website and app. There are at least 2 Bay Area scuba meetup groups (Bay Area Scuba Lovers & San Francisco Scuba Diving Group). Meetup is how I get most of my Norcal dives in.

Enjoy and say hey to the seals and/or sea lions when you see them!

Hello from northern Maine, emilywd16 and welcome to SB.

Welcome to ScubaBoard!

As California Divers, we are so fortunate to have the wonderful Kelp Forests to explore, and to have as emergency back-up the only two Recompression Chambers in the US on 24/7 365 Stand-by solely for Recreational Diving Accident Casualties:

Pacific Grove (Monterey);
Catalina Island

USC Dornsife Scientific Diving: The Catalina Hyperbaric Chamber

Please consider supporting and/or volunteering as Chamber Crew on Catalina:
Volunteer > USC Catalina Hyperbaric Chamber > USC Dana and David Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences

Welcome.

There's a lot of good diving in NorCal and San Diego---I've lived, and dove, in both locations.

Definitely check-in to the NorCal section.

Welcome to ScubaBoard and the amazing world undersea

Back
Top Bottom