Hello from Sao Paulo, Brazil!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stephane

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am a Canadian, new to the board, who has been living in Sao Paulo for the last 2 years and have enjoyed diving since 1993. Currently finishing off my Divemaster in Brazilian waters so I would be happy to provide any info to fellow divers thinking about coming to this part of the world!

Look forward to read and participate in the forum and all the best to all of you,

Ciao!

Hi Stephane:
Welcome to scuba board.
Enjoy!

:sunny:

Welcome to SB Stephane.

I have dive "buddies" in Brazil- Regina Galvao in Sao Paolo and Adrian Martino in Rio. Hope to get down there and dive within the next year. What areas have you been diving that you've really liked?

Dr. Bill

Hello Dr. Bill,

Most of my dives in Brazil were done off the coast the states of São Paulo (Laje dos Santos, Ilha Queimada Grande, Ubatuba), Rio de Janeiro (Ilha Grande) and the island of Fernando de Noronha. If you stay in the concrete jungle of São Paulo, you can dive Laje dos Santos or Queimada Grande the same day (1 hour drive and 90 minutes boat ride). Ilha Grande is more of a weekend affair since it is a seven hours drive/1 hour boat ride to get there. Those dives offer nice marine life including giant manta rays in the right season. Water temp is in normally in the mid-70s but you can hit some wicked thermocline at 30 ft! Viz varies greatly from 10ft to 70ft on a good day.

If you have the time you should go to Fernando de Noronha which is offshore of the Northeast coast. Great viz, good marine life (dolphins, turtles, sharks, etc..) and no crowds since the numbers of visitors is limited at any one point.

On a final note, the operators are usually very professional and the prices are some of the best in the world. As to the future, I plan to dive the caverns of Bonito in the coming year (Mato Grosso state)... Should be great!

Don't hesitate to contact me if you need more details,
All the best,

Just wanted to say welcome to the board and dive safe!=-)

Hi.
I'd love to go to Brazil.
Já aprendeste a falar portugês? :)

Apprendi um pouquinho...

I was fortunate enough to get intensive portuguese lessons prior to my arrival in Brazil. Three months program, 8 hours a day, 5 days a week :wacko: So I just know enough to get into troubles with the ladies...

I have taken a Nitrox course and finishing off my DM in Portuguese. Somewhat challenging (especially when you try to understand Haldane's work on decompression sickness) :confused: but rewarding!

Safe diving to all!
Stephane

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom