hello from scottsdale az

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

davwi

New
Reaction score
just thought i'd say hello. it was 86 here yesterday and the diamondbacks have won the world series.
say, i have a question someone might help with.
i am planning a short road trip into mexico over the thanxgiving break and would like to take my speargun and pole spear.
i know it is illeagal to take firearms into mexico but what about spearguns?

HI Daviwi,
Welcome to the scuba board.
I would try the Mexican Embassy. This is a great web site for them. Lots of information there and good music.
www.embamex.org.lb/
Have fun!
:sunny:

From a fellow Sand locked Arizonian

What I understand about the spearguns in Mexico are that they are fine just as long as you use them on fish.

davwi

Welcome to SCUBABOARD!

Hope you love it as much as I do. The people are friendly, the water is the temperature you set your therostat to and theres plenty to see and hear!

Glad you've joined our merry bunch :D

Davwi,
Welcome from NJ.
I envy the temp. there- at this time of year- wouldn't it be great to have a local dive site to fully enjoy it!!
Good luck on your trip, and as the others have said, this is the place to talk scuba.
Miked

Welcome to Scubaboard!

I have been to Scottsdale a time or two when I lived in Aridzona. Does Alice Cooper still live in your neck of the woods. I met him once in the Metrocenter Mall. Really down to earth for a Rock Star, and his house is COOL from what I saw one time. He has huge gates with iron snakes on them. Awesome!

Hello..

Welcome to the Scubaboard.. Lots of interesting people out here and are willing to help you.. I come from Toronto, Ontario so I know nothing about Mexico.. But Enjoy your stay and ask lots of questions..

Cya

N1Hawk..

Originally posted by davwi
just thought i'd say hello. it was 86 here yesterday and the diamondbacks have won the world series.
say, i have a question someone might help with.
i am planning a short road trip into mexico over the thanxgiving break and would like to take my speargun and pole spear.
i know it is illeagal to take firearms into mexico but what about spearguns?

and a warm welcome from a gal north of the 'ole 49th...

Greetings and all that from the Great White North where it's no where near 85F, but wish it were.

Natasha gave you great advice - contact the Embassy, they will give you the advice you need so you shouldn't any problems transporting your stuff.

I like the MX embassay response that Natasha gave you - That's probably the trick. I have some foggy memory that the area around Cozumel is a preserve - but it's best to check directly.

Welcome and enjoy!
Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom