Hello From Victoria BC...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Rose,
I saw your posts on the 'rebreather replace solenoid' thread and was curious to see another BC person.

Sounds like you are in Victoria. I'm up-island near Nanaimo.

I go diving every Sunday from shore around here. Mostly Maple Bay or Chemainus, where I've spend a few years exploring the four sunken dry docks.

I dive either a big steel tank (120cf) or a rebreather, depending on the dive. I have a Prism Topaz, which pre-dates a lot of the rebreathers you find here on SB now. I love it. I also use a Piranna 1 (P1) scooter to make the trips to the dry docks a little quicker, but you can swim them all easily.

I have done a bit of diving down Victoria way, but really can't stand driving over the Malahat anymore, so say more local (to me).

Anyway, welcome.
-R

Thank you sunnyboy,

I'd really love to be able to dive more. The pandemic has kept me crazy busy, staying on the mainland most nights. Both of my operations have what I call ''stay-over'' suites. It was my idea to save my staff hotel costs, if the need should arise for anyone to stay over. This year alone, I've saved a small fortune not having to stay in hotels.

Recently staying on the mainland and being away from home for three weeks at a time has not been unusual.

I normally dive during the winter months, with a limited number of summer dives, this year I haven't been in the water since February.

I still have a keen interest in rebreathers, whether it will ever happen I can't say.

Thank you again for the welcome, everybody here has been just wonderful.

Rose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom