hello from virginia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

doohboy24

Reaction score
hello there divers. new to site and just getting back into diving. i was certed back in 97 and dove for probally 3-4 yrs. then life got faster, kids got older and time just wasnt there. then this past sept. my brother and sister in law went and had a mid-life crisis and went and got certified. came home told me how great it was and brought back the flood of memories i have diving. so $2500 dollars later i am back into it. so much to relearn. like dive computer lol only high dollar divers had them back then. well now i got one. gear i bought: aeris ocean5 bcd, ion reg, manta dive computer, mares low profile mask and then all the other things that must be had. been reading back through old dive book to refresh my skills. plan on a trip to my local quarry in haymarket va called millbrook quarry to do some refresher dive's and go through some emergency drill on the 30' platform they have there. Any suggestions or advise would greatly be appreciated. oh, almost forgot lost 140 pounds since i last dove also, so not sure what to expect there either. well thanks for reading and look forward to the experience here.:D

Welcome doohboy, from another denizen of the Commonwealth. I'm near Lynchburg and also got back into diving after a long hiatus. Rawlings is my usually haunt quarry-wise. And serious kudos on the 140# weight loss!

Cheers,
Lilla

Doohboy, welcome. I got certified at Millbrook and did my AOW there last year. I'd be up for a refresher dive there some time if you're looking for a buddy. It's not easy for me to find time (with work and parenting) but I have all the 7mm gear and I'm eager to log some more dives before I head to the tropics and do it "for real".

BTW I recently bought a Manta computer used from a local guy and am doing some serious studying to understand how it works. Really need to dive with it to master it though.

Steve

Welcome doohboy.... I'm a newly certified diver ... millbrook quarry too. I call Herndon-Reston area home these days. I can use all the dives I can get, and when the $$$ allows, would be willing to be dive-buddy if you need one. Studying deep dive now, tho will probably get Nitrox cert first.

Glad to hear you've been able to get back into diving. As a diving N00B I must say - I'm hooked!:D

greymouse - Laura

welcome aboard

Hello ALL,

I am living in Manassas right now and would love to dive sometime with you all at the milbrook quarry in Haymarket. A collegue and I are in the midst of starting a SCUBA company and we would like to start a community in our area to do some local dives. Message me if your interested in some dives during the week or check out our website to find out where we are diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom