Hello I have a Question about an underwater town. (Table Rock)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

theskull:
It is if you want to jump right back in and make a second dive!

theskull
I just had the wrong gloves that day.

But I am going to be buying a dry suit probably within the next month or so.

theskull:
Tan-Tar-A is on Lake of the Ozarks. NOT on Table Rock Lake.

And all of Lake of the Ozarks is a cess pool and boat hazard. I know of only one soul with the inclination to dive there if not being paid to do so.

theskull
Brainfart on my part, I read submerged town and somehow Table Rock must've morphed into LofO. Sorry, I'll consider myself moderated... :11:

theskull:
Tan-Tar-A is on Lake of the Ozarks. NOT on Table Rock Lake.

And all of Lake of the Ozarks is a cess pool and boat hazard. I know of only one soul with the inclination to dive there if not being paid to do so.

theskull

What about Bull Shoals Lake?

Maya:
What about Bull Shoals Lake?

No underwater towns I know of, but it is the best of the White River lakes for vis IMO. The vis in Norfork L. is purported to be the best but I have never dove there.

mike_s:
You can dive part of an old town in Dale Hollow Lake in Kentucky. Do a google search for it and you'll find info. -mike

Do you know where I can find photos of it? I did a google search and found thousands of links but all the ones with pictures I went through were of topside.

Found an alien spacecraft sighting link. Who figured that would be easier than underwater photos of a town.

I'll see if I can locate the info I have on the UW town. The one in Table Rock has since been covered up by gunk or deteriorated. BUT, the one near Joplin is supposed to still be in tact (in a manner of speaking). I got the info on it's location from a former Army Ranger, so it should be pretty reliable. It will take a few days of digging in old military memorabilia to locate the info.

diverdown247:
I'll see if I can locate the info I have on the UW town. The one in Table Rock has since been covered up by gunk or deteriorated. BUT, the one near Joplin is supposed to still be in tact (in a manner of speaking). I got the info on it's location from a former Army Ranger, so it should be pretty reliable. It will take a few days of digging in old military memorabilia to locate the info.

Are you talking about the town of Oasis? I have it marked on my lake map, but didn't make to there this year. I had hoped to make it next year and look it over.

FD

LakeScubaDiver:
What body of water is the town in that is by Joplin??

Are you talking about Bluewater lake in Oronogo which is just north of Joplin? I use to dive there a lot, but don't anymore. It is deep, cold and the vis really isn't that great. It use to be an old zinc and lead quarry and thus the water is very caustic. After one dive I developed an ear infection, not in one ear but BOTH. There's only about 3 fish in the lake. People put them in there but they don't survive very long due to the water quality. They do have some neat things sunk, like a plane, cars, boats, etc. There's even a few caves and caverns. But don't touch the bottom… major silt-out will occur. Given the the depth, cold and over all topography of the lake, I'd consider it an advanced dive. The guy that runs the place (Captian John) is a really nice guy and air fills are cheap… http://www.oronogo.com/index.html

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom