Hello

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bobeh

Reaction score
Hey, all. Just a quick hello. Been diving since '79 off and on. LAst few years been heavy into skydiving. Dived all the major sites in Southern Ontario. Maine, Cuba and Mayan Riv where my salt excursions. Hope to get my advanced and Nitrox this summer.
Stay safe,
Bobeh.

And welcome. Why are you called bobeh?

Welcome to the board!
I'm a newbie to the board also. I've been diving since July 02 and have my OW , AOW, and Nitrox. Looking forward to taking my Rescue Diver course. Who knows where it will end?!? I instantly fell in love with the sport....feel more at home under the water than above it! *ah if i only had gills*

Welcome! While we both may be new to scubaboard I see you're not new to diving! I look forward to hearing all about it. Sky diving, Whoa! Man I don't know if I could do that one! See ya around...:eek:utahere:

One of my co-workers is a base-jumping master instructor. He has like 11,000 base jumps under his belt. He's traveled all over the world. His next jump is into a cinote in mexico - I guess it's famous in "diver" circles - but the name escapes me. Its a timing thing. You jump and have to fall until your past the mouth of the cave, then you have to open your chute immediately upon entering the giant cavern - so you can soar around in two spirals before landing on a narrow ledge on one side. Sheesh!

Anyway definitely not for me - the heights thing and if your primary and secondary scuba systems fail in most of the places (and depths) where I dive - you just CESA to the surface, or drop weights. With a family to consider the sky diving risk seems too high IMO for me. If the backup chute doesn't open there is next to no chance for survival (except the couple of amazing miracle stories I've heard).

Hey Neighbor. Lasalle eh? well were attached at the hip since I am in Windsor:) Welcome to the board.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom