Hello

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jseyfert3

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I recently finished my PADI OW pool dives and over the summer I'll be doing my OW certification dives. Me and my fiancée will be going to Granada and staying at a Sandals resort this winter for our honeymoon, which offers free unlimited Scuba diving (two dives per day) which was the motivation for me to do my certification. My fiancée was certified 5 years ago as part of a college class and hasn't dived since as she never had anybody to go with, she came for my final pool lesson and did a refresher with one of the shop's DMs.

I've been reading on the internet quite a bit, mostly on this site. There's a wealth of information here. I'm planning to buy all my gear. I'm going to buy a BP/W, probably from DSS. Once I get my wetsuits and measure their buoyancy I'll give Tobin a call. I'm going to order my wetsuits soon, I was planning on a 7 mm fullsuit semi-dry with hooded vest and a 3 mm fullsuit with vest for warmer dives (for the winter trip, I get cold easy). I need to get custom as I'm 6'05" and only 155 lbs, so nothing off the shelf will be remotely able to fit well and keep me warm. Looking around Aquaflite looks like a good place for cheap custom suits and people seem happy, though I'm open to suggestions.

I'll buy the BP/W and regulator after my OW cert dives, I plan to get the wetsuits, mask/fins/snorkel before the OW cert dives. I'm a DIY guy so I'll want regulators I can maintain myself, and I'll be buying Vance Harlow's book here soon to start reading ahead of time.

Looking forward to posting more here, and I'll probably have questions going forward. Seems like a great place to get help and suggestions.

Welcome to scubaboard, If you enjoy diving half as much as I do it will change your life!

HOG has a good rep with DIY folks because they'll train and sell parts to divers who don't also work in a shop. I'm not sure how far Peoria is from Plainsfield, but even if you just shop online you should check out Dive Right In Scuba

They're a HOG dealer, where you should be able to get parts and training on reg service (I'm assuming they do the training anyway).

Welcome to SB! Like Kelemvor said above, stop by and see us sometime!

howdy and welcome from south Florida.....

Back
Top Bottom