Hello

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi all,
First, let me confess that I am not a scuba diver (shock horror) but avid snorkeller... and usually join my scuba-diving husband on all boat trips.

My husband and I have a trip booked to Thailand later this month, and have been watching the disaster unfold with horror. I found this site by chance and have managed to gather very helpful information here, much of which was positive and indicated that we should not cancel our trip.

We're planning on going to Koh Samui (obviously fine), Ko Lipe, the Similans (on a live-aboard) and finally ending at a hotel north of Krabi (which has remarkably sustained no damage). If anybody has useful information for us on travelling to these places, where to dive / not dive, please do send on the information.

Regards,
Barbara

According to Jurgen Schenker, co manager of Dive Asia in Phuket, two sites in the Similan, Christmas Point and Deep Six, are badly damaged - quoted in “The Nation”.

Hi Vie,

Thanks for the update. We have decided to go ahead with our plans - it seems the best way to support Thailand right now and that there are plenty of areas on which we will be able to enjoy ourselves.

If anybody does have any further news, do keep us all updated!

Cheers,
B

Allison Finch:
Have a great trip. Let us know how it went.
Bye the way, welcome to the board! Don't be a stranger, there are lotsa free divers here.

Thanks Allison - glad to hear it! I'll definitely report back once we've been to Thailand... but very excited about the trip and about the continuing flow of largely positive reports.

Cheers,
B

Back
Top Bottom