Help: Any dive boats going out on Christmas day?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello,
I planned a South Florida/Keys dive trip recently and booked tickets etc without realizing that most dive shops will be closed on Christmas day. After calling a few dive shops (who of course said they are not open on Xmas day) I thought this might be a better way to find someone. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I am also looking for an afternoon boat on Xmas day. Captain Slate (Atlantis Dive Center, Key Largo) ran a boat last year and I am waiting to see if he will do it again this year so please contact him and let him know you are interested. The more people we have wanting to go, the more likely he will be to schedule a boat.

Most likely Spencer will see this thread too.

I'm hoping to find an afternoon dive on Christmas day, too. We'll be driving in from The Frozen Country and Tuesday afternoon is my best shot.

DC

If I find a place, I will let you guys know. Make sure to call Captain Slate like RescueDiver68 suggested.

---------- Post added November 26th, 2012 at 11:58 AM ----------

Captain Slate said they will be doing the morning dive only on Christmas day.

Morning dive works for me. I will let them know.

Hello,
I planned a South Florida/Keys dive trip recently and booked tickets etc without realizing that most dive shops will be closed on Christmas day. After calling a few dive shops (who of course said they are not open on Xmas day) I thought this might be a better way to find someone. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Which dive shops did you call, so that we don't duplicate work? Thanks!

---------- Post added November 26th, 2012 at 06:13 PM ----------

Jupiter Dive Center is operating both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

Jupiter Dive Center.

Here's a link to Jupiter Dive Centers dive calendar in case you want to see what their doing and/or book any of their dives in December.

Jupiter Dive Center's Dive Calendar

Key Largo Dive Center is also doing dive on the 24th and 25th. Here's a link to their calendar as well.

Key Largo Dive Center Dive Calendar

Good Diving,

Thanks for all the replies guys. It is much appreciated. I called Captain Hook's, Captain Slate (they were not sure if they were going out at that time) and Sea Experience Inc in Fort Lauderdale.

I am from Michigan and any place that has some color and isn't filled with zebra mussels is heaven to me. I loved diving in the Molasses reef last year and I am looking forward to diving in the keys again. I have already decided to dive the Looe keys the day after Christmas but Jupiter/Ft Lauderdale/Palm beach looks interesting. How does it compare to the keys as far as variety of fish/big fish goes? Is December the season for anything?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom