HELP!! Cruise Line Cancelled Tour!! Need Coz Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

First time I dived off a cruise ship in Cozumel, we walked off the ship and there was a couple of people holding up diving signs, walked up to them asked them some questions and 30 minutes later we were pulling out of the pier with Dive with Martin to do a two tank dive. I've done the same thing in Key West and once in St Kitts.

The cruise ship tour cancellation just may be the best thing to have happened ! No worries. In general, Cozumel dive ops are very familiar with cruise ship schedules and are very aware of ship arrival and departure times. Be sure to include your cruise line, ship name and ship time arrival and departure with your requests. Then make sure to confirm where you will meet up with the dive op. You may be asked to go to the Caleta Marina or another pier. Again , no worries, just get a cab or follow your dive op instructions. Also. If you will have Internet access on the cruise ship, you may want let the dive op know that in the case he/she may need to contact you once you are enroute. Wishing you wonderful Cozumel diving !

I agree with Sue, the cruise ship cancellation might be a blessing in disguise. We are here diving now with Rita at Albatros Charters. We have used them the past 12 years and have always been very happy. Great personal service, no fixed dive schedule and nice boats with shade! Whatever you decide, enjoy your day in Cozumel!

I highly suggest bringing your own mask. You can rent everything else, but having a mask that fits (no leaks) is paramount. They are small enough to pack....

Aldora does a beach stop surface interval as does Blue XTSea.

You are lucky that the cruise cancelled the dive.

Aldora does a beach stop surface interval as does Blue XTSea.

You are lucky that the cruise cancelled the dive.

Many ops do a surface interval at the beach. We stopped at Paradise Beach Club yesterday and Palancar today. There were plenty of divers from different shops enjoying the SI! We were with Albatros Charters.
I don't think I would hire a dive op from a sign on the street but maybe that's just me. I like first hand references. SB is a great place to get them. Enjoy your trip.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom