Help Finding Course... Please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

esheldon

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello I am trying to find the right course to take, I am 19 an AOW with 70 dives in a variety of conditions and am looking to expand my horizon as a diver. I want to take an intense dive course that has absolutely nothing to do with "going pro" or leading dives (other then with my bro and friends I guess). I have looked into a variety of courses and the best looking one so for would be GUE fundamentals, I liked this course because it was about planning, skills ( especially buoyancy and trim), equipment management and upkeep ect., rescue and safety skills, and the team aspect of SCUBA. However i dont have proper GUE equipment and would like to take a longer course ( up to a month hopefully in SE Asia/ Bali , any ideas would be great) . I see the course as a substitute for PADI divemaster because that seems to focused on leadership and becoming an instructor ect., or am I wrong and would PADI divemaster fulfill my goal of becoming a diver that is confident in his ability to plan, prepare, and exectute a sucessful dive without the assisstance of instructor ect.? I just want to become a better safer diver that knows how to take care of gear and knows what to do IF something does go wrong. How can I take SCUBA to the next level without going pro? Any advice or experience would be great. Thanks so much
-Ethan

Back
Top Bottom