Help finding the right Reg...!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi guys, I'm new of the site, I. ALberto :wink:

It has been 2 years since I started this amazing sport and I love it.
I'm a newby though...!

I need a hit about what reg to by, with a cheap price though :dork2:

I'm looking for Mares regs, as they are very common everywhere you go, so no problem about finding spare parts, am I wrong...?

What about Prestoge 32 NTT or Proton Metal V32...?
I've found some good bargains and I was thinking to buy one of them 2.
Are they usable with Nitrox...?

Thanks a lot

Cheers

ciao Alberto, nice to see another italian around here :)
I am in the process of buying my first set of regs as well. Mares is a valid choice, and also a local company for us which could be right to support!
I personally have decided to go with scubapro MK11+S600+R295. I think that giving advice on regs is not very easy as it depends entirely on what type of dives you'll be doing, how often etc. I have noticed that people tend to tell you to buy what they are using and what they like, but it could be entirely wrong for you!!
so maybe try and rent different brands and try them underwater so you can make up your mind for yourself! i think all regs are usable with nitrox up to 36% O2 but double check this info :)
buone bolle a te!

dude, he's in Italy...
Edge would be a bad choice over there due to the whole international thing.

ALL regulators are usable with recreational nitrox. That is <40%.
Only ones you have to worry about are the titanium ones.
Any comments you get about Edge/HOG can be ignored because if you're in Italy, you don't want to be dealing with the international shipping hassle that is involved with all that stuff and you may not be able to find a tech over there that is willing to deal with the international shipping to get the service kits for you. They haven't been around for a long time and some people over here won't service them, can't imagine what it'd be like in a country where they aren't sold. I dive HOG regs and love them, and tell my students to purchase them, so it's not a bash against them, just not practical. It'd be like telling an American to go and purchase a Fiat over a Toyota.
Anywho, Mares makes good stuff. It's somewhat difficult over here because they're expensive, but if they're economical over there and you like them go for it.
I like the metal second stages, I've always been a fan, so I vote Proton

dude, he's in Italy...
Edge would be a bad choice over there due to the whole international thing.

Oh sorry my bad and i did not notice his location. and oh! fiat over Toyota is a good example:D

well mares are awesome too, i agree to that. i dive with abyss/MR22 myself and for sure you will like it as well. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom