Help, I hate my Mikron

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been diving a mikron for years, and before it I used a micra. I never really had bubble in the face issues. All you need to do is tuck your chin down a bit so the bubbles go around your jaw. You don't need to bring your chin all the way against your chest or anything radical. Just anytime you notice the bubbles tilt your head down a bit.

After so much time on the mikron and micra, whenever I use other second stages it feels like I have some kind of frisbee in front of my face.

As above, I use a C370 which too has a narrow exhaust T, initially it would bother me occasionally but now I've altered head position where I tilt slightly to one side if approaching vertical and it does a pretty good job of keeping bubbles out of my face.

If you don't want bubbles get an Apeks XTX or such with wide exhaust, amazing, but trade off is twisty barrel😂🤦‍♂️

Twisty barrel grates me more than bubbles 🫠

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom