Help! Looking for affordable or free weight in Vancouver, BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I live in the Vancouver, BC area and I am anxiously seeking free or very cheap weight. I got certified last year on a scholarship, I trade my time at my local dive shop for free air tank rentals, and I have been buying gear from other local divers in preparation to become a volunteer maintenance diver at the Vancouver Aquarium, and I started doing underwater marine debris cleanups. My resources are limited, so any ideas on where I can find really cheap lead, or if any of my fellow divers in the area have extra lead kicking around that they are willing to let go of to a good cause for free or cheap please let me know. I'm also looking for gloves (XS or S) and wet boots (sz. 7).

I only need 26 pounds, hard or soft, bulk lead shot...

Craigslist is your friend. There are always people ditching their barely-used gear. Also, this should probably be in the buy and sell section.

Thank you dgfishy I have been trolling Craigslist religiously and will continue. Also I couldn't figure out how to create a post in the classifieds section, I find this website rather difficult to navigate, but I do agree that is where this conversation should be happening.

you could go to tire shops and snatch up their lead, then get a mold under $20 and make your own

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom