HELP - Mako drying filter holder identification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bartman27

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all - I am trying to identify my Mako gold drying filter holder - the sticker states air purification systems (i cant read the rest), the top cap is stamped mako, the unit is approx 33 inches tall and the the diameter is just about 4 inches - i think? it is a MK5C - i need to replace the O rings, top and bottom. does anyone have any idea if it is a MK5C? - i have been trying to locate a specification sheet on line on these units and am coming up short - i called my favorite florida filter supplier and was sent an O ring kits that was much to small in diameter. does anyone know which replacement o ring kit i need? any help would be great - there r two black o rings on each end that seem to stack on top of each other - one is flat and one is a regular o ring, both are about 2 7/8 inches in diameter thanxs again bm-mosb

Photos always help...
and a call to Mako will probably put you on the right track the fastest.
Or just measure what you have and buy locally if available. Better yet, if you have a local supplier bring the old rings to match up...
Buy a few slightly over and undersize, they cost peanuts in case you are wrong. Save you the trip back.
Accurately measure the glands and any o-ring supplier can get you something that will fit.
Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom