Help me decide

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are we talking about the same Kona Aggressor? I haven't done her either, but I've heard it's a really rocky trip and that's the main reason why I haven't tried it yet. Hawaiian waters get very choppy with the afternoon tradewinds and the boat is a mere 80' long

I know a few people who have done it in the past year or so and they are raved about it.

robin:D

The dual hulls on the Kona A. cut way back on the wave action. They also tend to moor in protected coves and "into the wind". The captain is very aware of weather conditions and handles the boat in top-notch fashion. The Manta night dive alone is worth the price of admission. You will be so spoiled and can dive 5 dives a day - or not.

The dual hulls on the Kona A. cut way back on the wave action. They also tend to moor in protected coves and "into the wind". The captain is very aware of weather conditions and handles the boat in top-notch fashion. The Manta night dive alone is worth the price of admission. You will be so spoiled and can dive 5 dives a day - or not.
That's good to hear about the stability. Maybe I'll give it a try someday - I like the smaller passenger load.

However, the manta night dive can be done for a lot less than the price of Aggressor's admission. I've done it twice with a shore-based dive op. It is an amazing dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom