Help me pick...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KrissK

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm taking the family to Cozumel in December and have narrowed my dive operator choice down to one of these three operators:

Blue XT Sea
Living-Underwater
Aldora Divers

I like the smaller operator, small boat experience but don't have personal experience with any of these three. Any advice? Strong alternatives?

Thanks for your help.

We've been diving with Aldora for the last three years or so and like them *very* much. In addition to great flexibility on dives and high pressure tanks (long bottom times), I have found their customer service to be great. They did go though a bit of a down period (even then, still a better operation than most on island IMHO), but the more recent direct attention from the owner has brought the operation's standards back stronger than ever.

Check out my post on a recent thread about 'Kudos for Customer Service" for an example of how far they will go to take care of you and your vacation.

I've heard good things about Living-Underwater, but have no first hand experience with them. No data at all about Blue XT Sea.

I can second the vote for Aldora. I went to Cozumel for the first time last month and not only used Aldora divers but also stayed in the villa. I have been diving all over the Caribbean, Hawaii and the west coast of the US and I would rank Aldora right up there at the top of dive ops. They are very attentive, the customer service ranks in the "above and beyond category" in my book.

And if your lucky, maybe you can talk Memo into showing you some of the local places to eat.... :wink:

Jim

My wife and I dove with Aldora in May (our first time in Cozumel) - we had a great time. We were averaging 60 minute dives with the bigger tanks that Aldora provides (my wife and I could have probably gone quite a bit of longer, but some of the others in the group sucked down air quicker). Also, for the surface intervals, we went to a beach club where we could get some food. Nice and relaxed. When I go back to Cozumel, I'll be using Aldora.
Hope this helps.

KrissK:
I'm taking the family to Cozumel in December and have narrowed my dive operator choice down to one of these three operators:

Blue XT Sea
Living-Underwater
Aldora Divers

I like the smaller operator, small boat experience but don't have personal experience with any of these three. Any advice? Strong alternatives?

Thanks for your help.

All three are great choices. I have used Blue XT Sea and really like their service. It's a small operation with the utmost in personal service plus they have entertainment while you are doing your SI. Mago the boat captain will entertain you with card tricks. Christi (the owner) will meet your needs whatever it is. Have fun.

Used to dive exclusively with Aldora but do not any longer. Moved to Dive with Martin. IMO they do every bit as good a job as Aldora and BT's are quite close to Aldoras if your with an experience group of divers. I got tired of leaving so much gas on the boat over a 14 or move dive trip and paying so much more for the dives.

We have dove with a couple of operators in Coz. Our choice is Blue XT Sea. Christi runs a great operation, the DMs and Boat Captians are first rate. We love the six pack boat and Shamu is comfortable with snacks, dry towels and windbreakers for those cooler days.

We dove with Blue XT Sea in cozumel. Had a fantastic time. If you like the smaller operators, you can't go wrong with them. Get with Christi if your interested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom