Help me understand Suunto SK8 Compass wrist straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WhiteSands

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just got this compass over the weekend and the design of the strap was totally unexpected. Was expecting a regular watch type strap but it has some strange fastening system that I found hard to use.

I'd like to try to get used to it before I junk it for bungees, so any advice or instructional on how to use this strap?

Look at this advert and do the 360 view: Suunto SK8 Wrist Compass | Simply Scuba UK

Hope that helps.

Thanks for replying. I understand how it works, but it's a pain to get the "pin" into the hole and at the same time, ensure the strap goes under the 2 side catches.

Was wondering if there is a fast way to do this? It takes me a long time just to put it on.

I'd chuck the strap in the bin and whack some bungee on it no matter how easy it was to fasten.

Remove strap and add bungees, or get your buddy to help you.

The DSS mount does make it a lot shorter thinner profile

Mounted on the hand can create issue when using can light and goodman handle. My light moves between hands during a dive depending on workload and tasks.

Mounted on the hand can create issue when using can light and goodman handle. My light moves between hands during a dive depending on workload and tasks.

I don't have a problem, can light on left compass on right hand, all good.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom