Help!! My daughters dive gear has been stolen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My daughter goes to Texas A&m Galveston for marine biology. Two nights ago, all of her gear was stolen. She has alerted TAMUG and UTMB, the police, pawn shops and dive shops in the area. I also have contacted dive shops in MN to alert the upper midwest. If anyone can help please let me know!! Thanks, Kathy Mora, MN

That bites!

We would need a discription of the gear, sizes, brands, colors, etc

I hope she gets it all back

Tell her to watch Craigslist.org in her area.

My daughter goes to Texas A&m Galveston for marine biology. Two nights ago, all of her gear was stolen. She has alerted TAMUG and UTMB, the police, pawn shops and dive shops in the area. I also have contacted dive shops in MN to alert the upper midwest. If anyone can help please let me know!! Thanks, Kathy Mora, MN

Do you have the serial numbers of the regulators and BC? If not, contact the LDS where they were purchased.

Carrie

Yes she has all of her serial numbers and she has given those to all of the places that she has contacted.
I'm not sure what you would like the members of SB to do (other than diversteve's excellent post about watching craigslist) ((and maybe e/bay too)) without any info on what gear to look out for

Sorry, she has a Mares Kayla BC size small, Henderson 5mm small, mask fins and snorkel. Luckily I just found out that her regulators, guages and computer were left at the school so those were not stolen
I'm not sure what you would like the members of SB to do (other than diversteve's excellent post about watching craigslist) ((and maybe e/bay too)) without any info on what gear to look out for

Sorry, she has a Mares Kayla BC size small, Henderson 5mm small, mask fins and snorkel. Luckily I just found out that her regulators, guages and computer were left at the school so those were not stolen

Were the items not kept together in the same spot? It seems funny that anybody that knows SCUBA would steal a BC, mask and fins before they would steal Regs and computer. I hope I am right in saying that it seems like a dirty prank.

Other than that, I agree that Craigslist, Ebay and the local dive community is where to watch. I highly doubt someone is going to steal a BC in TX and drive it to NJ to sell it.

moved to a more appropriate regional forum...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom