HELP! Need dive op in Nueva Vallarta?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaDoobaDo

Reaction score
I've e-mailed Pacific Scuba to see if they pick up in Nueva Vallarta but haven't rec'd response yet. NO CATTLE BOAT dive ops please :crafty: ... We're leaving next week. HELP

Oh ya, Nueva Vallarta is just outside of Puerto Vallarta..

We just came back from Puerto Vallarta. (just south of Nuevo Vallata) We dove 5 days with
Ocean Quest
Klaus BosBach, Instructor, Owner
http://www.oceanquestmexico.com/
http:/Vallartadivers.com

Klaus is a great person and loves to dive. He listened to our wants, and after the first dive assessed our skills and gave us directions and instructions on where to go to see different things. He came on all but the last dive with us. My husband brought his camera, and on a few dives, we did micro diving and found all sorts of tiny life just waiting to be found and photographed. Klaus and the other divers teased us of going nowhere for an hour underwater. They watched the bubbles from the boat.

What we found out when we went with him is because of the Taxi business attitude, dive shops do not pick clients up. When they have in the past the Taxi drivers got violent and accused the shops of intentionally taking away business. It was not pleasant for the clients, so clients either get a taxi on their own or take the bus. What Klaus did for us was to take our gear after every dive and rinse it out and hang it to dry, so we were free to explore the town and relax afterwords.

We found that there was no shore diving. We dove in late September, the water temperature was 85 degrees, +/- 2 degrees. So we did not wear exposure suits at all, but wore gloves. Next time we go, we will take much thinner 'rash guard' type gloves.

Visibility was poor to good (5 ft to 50/60 feet). Were were there 9 days and it rained 3, so there was a bit of silt in the water from the rivers.

A word of caution. There are other operators and instructors who seem to be careless. We found one on a shared boat who took a student through a cave on her first open water dive. The cave opening was at +/- 90 feet, ran 100 feet and exited at 60 feet. I'm glad we were not in that group.

I'll post pictures later. They're good!

tg

ScubaDoobaDo:
I've e-mailed Pacific Scuba to see if they pick up in Nueva Vallarta but haven't rec'd response yet. NO CATTLE BOAT dive ops please :crafty: ... We're leaving next week. HELP

Oh ya, Nueva Vallarta is just outside of Puerto Vallarta..

I just went on 4 dives with Pacific Scuba and they are great. They are not the largest but very patient and helpful. They are the operator you will want to use!

Hi,

We stayed in Nuevo last January and did our diving with Pacific. We were VERY happy with them and would gladly recommend them. We just took a taxi from Nuevo to the dock where the boat was. It wasn't a problem. If you have more questions or want to pm, feel free.

Have fun!!

tg54:
We just came back from Puerto Vallarta. (just south of Nuevo Vallata)
A word of caution. There are other operators and instructors who seem to be careless. We found one on a shared boat who took a student through a cave on her first open water dive. The cave opening was at +/- 90 feet, ran 100 feet and exited at 60 feet. I'm glad we were not in that group.

I'll post pictures later. They're good!

tg

Hi there;
Just curious about the name of the shop that took the new diver throught the cave, do you happen to know it? Similiar experience.

the name of the dive instructor. I could not remember the shop and tried to contact a few people, but it seems he is an independant associated with the hotels.

I'm learning to ask a lot of questions when we go to a new area. I'm still new to diving, but If I know more than the dive shop or dive master, I walk away.

I was just in PV last week (10/17 - 24), and dove two days with Pacific Scuba. Antonio answered my questions about dive gear via email. Raymond picked me up at the Sheraton both days. This was definitely not a cattle boat. Dive Master Alex was great, as was the Captain Emilio. These guys aren't about loud music and rum punch, they are all about diving.

Another thing, cabs are easy and cheap in PV.

Hope you have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom