Help! Need flat O-ring for wing!!! Denver DSS owners?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2ODoc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We are just now packing for a trip, and I realized that my inflator-hose o-ring (where it connects to the wing) is gone!!!!

I'm turning the house upside down now looking for it. Any options that you can think of? Anyone in Denver with a wing like this - maybe I could borrow your o-ring???

---------- Post Merged at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:50 AM ----------

I found a LDS that had a zeagle gasket and it appears to be the right size and thickness, and the wing holds air..... so .... I think I'm good!

We are just now packing for a trip, and I realized that my inflator-hose o-ring (where it connects to the wing) is gone!!!!

I'm turning the house upside down now looking for it. Any options that you can think of? Anyone in Denver with a wing like this - maybe I could borrow your o-ring???

---------- Post Merged at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:50 AM ----------

I found a LDS that had a zeagle gasket and it appears to be the right size and thickness, and the wing holds air..... so .... I think I'm good!

No good reason to remove the hose from the wing, and now you have discovered a very good reason not to.........

Tobin

Take a piece of inner tube from a car tire. Get some at a tire place. Cut it out and you are set. Dive shops have these if needed.

Take a piece of inner tube from a car tire. Get some at a tire place. Cut it out and you are set. Dive shops have these if needed.

I would recommend against this. Inner tube is too thin.

The *best* way way to avoid this issue is to *NOT* remove hose or any of the wing fittings. There is *zero* reason to do so. Not necessary for cleanup, not necessary for storage and not necessary for transport.

Leave them be, and you won't loose or damage parts.

Tobin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom