Question What size O-ring to prevent waist belt D-ring from lying flat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SaltyWombat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I use a heavy duty O-ring around my waist belt D-ring to keep that D-ring from lying flat. I clip my SPG to that D-ring.

I gave my last O-ring away, thinking I had a stash at home. I'm out, so need to find more. I can't recall what I size I used.

What size O-ring is good for this? 330 maybe? That's what Halcyon uses for retaining the LPI hose on the shoulder strap of their harness.

It’s been a while since I put one one but I think I used a tank neck o ring last time

I use a DGX welded 90 D ring on my waist.

Its cheating, but it works so much better.
Same here. I've given up on floppy D-rings almost entirely. Chest D-rings -- welded at 45 degrees. Hip D-rings -- welded at 90 degrees. Less futzing, more reliable.

I use a 2.3" wide mountain bike inner tube cut about 1/2".

I use a heavy duty O-ring around my waist belt D-ring to keep that D-ring from lying flat. I clip my SPG to that D-ring.

I gave my last O-ring away, thinking I had a stash at home. I'm out, so need to find more. I can't recall what I size I used.

What size O-ring is good for this? 330 maybe? That's what Halcyon uses for retaining the LPI hose on the shoulder strap of their harness.

I don't know the exact size, but it is Halcyon Part# 10.000.224. If you were grabbing something from Scubadelphia, you can just add a few to your cart.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom