Divesoft flow limiter O-ring size?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can analyze and check the tank pressure all in one. Super nice when you have multiple tanks your diving between. Same for B/O that you have in storage and use for different dives. Just a habit but I always analyze and check tank pressure even if its a B/O I labeled up a couple months ago and I know its just been sitting there I will still analyze.

Kind of sucks with you grab a tank analyze it, make a nice label, rig the thing up or strap it to your unit to and find out you only have 150bar.

Also very nice for teaching for filling out gas logs. First thing you do is analyze and write mix and pressure. Now you can do that right away instead of analyzing and the later having to get the pressure once you rig the tank up.

Oh yeah also nice to if you bosh your mix up, gives you an instant idea how much you can throw on top of it.

View attachment 815116
I get it, I was just picking on your terminology.
You specified submersible, seemed like an odd choice.

Glad you got the oring sorted but I am lost why you need an spg on an analyzer? You taking it diving with you?

LOL! Okay, fine. They changed it so you cannot add a pressure gauge of any kind! :D

So did it come partially unscrewed allowing the o-ring to extrude or just spontaneously failed?

Well, I didn't even realize it was 2 pieces screwed together. I guess it gradually unscrewed a bit over time. My student hooked it up to a tank, turned the gas on, and *POP*.

I bought extra ball bearings a while back after I let a buddy use it and he unscrewed the bleed screw all the way by accident and the ball bearing inside fell out in a gravel parking lot. No chance of finding that.

And I bought a spare one of the rubber hoses to connect the flow limiter to the analyzer.

I guess now I just get to wait and see what other consumable parts it has that I don't have a spare of... LOL!

Well, I didn't even realize it was 2 pieces screwed together. I guess it gradually unscrewed a bit over time. My student hooked it up to a tank, turned the gas on, and *POP*.

I bought extra ball bearings a while back after I let a buddy use it and he unscrewed the bleed screw all the way by accident and the ball bearing inside fell out in a gravel parking lot. No chance of finding that.

And I bought a spare one of the rubber hoses to connect the flow limiter to the analyzer.

I guess now I just get to wait and see what other consumable parts it has that I don't have a spare of... LOL!
Sounds like you haven’t had a lot of luck letting others use your flow limiter.

Someone should get a soft parts list from Divesoft and put a kit together.

Yeah, and that was only about half of it. I have been very free with loaning my analyzer out, but I think that is over.

Ask and you shale receive:

O-ring 3x1 NBR
O-ring 4x2 NBR
O-ring 5x1,8 NBR
O-ring 5,5x2 NBR
O-ring 9,25x1,78 NBR
O-ring 12x2,5 NBR
O-ring 13,5x1,5 NBR
O-ring 24x2 NBR
O-ring 24x2 NBR

Ask and you shale receive:

O-ring 3x1 NBR
O-ring 4x2 NBR
O-ring 5x1,8 NBR
O-ring 5,5x2 NBR
O-ring 9,25x1,78 NBR
O-ring 12x2,5 NBR
O-ring 13,5x1,5 NBR
O-ring 24x2 NBR
O-ring 24x2 NBR
Yeah, they are big on using 20 different size orings in everything. I love their products, but servicing them is a nightmare.

You can analyze and check the tank pressure all in one. Super nice when you have multiple tanks your diving between. Same for B/O that you have in storage and use for different dives. Just a habit but I always analyze and check tank pressure even if its a B/O I labeled up a couple months ago and I know its just been sitting there I will still analyze.

Kind of sucks with you grab a tank analyze it, make a nice label, rig the thing up or strap it to your unit to and find out you only have 150bar.

Also very nice for teaching for filling out gas logs. First thing you do is analyze and write mix and pressure. Now you can do that right away instead of analyzing and the later having to get the pressure once you rig the tank up.

Oh yeah also nice to if you bosh your mix up, gives you an instant idea how much you can throw on top of it.

View attachment 815116

That's actually pretty nice.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom