Help Needed! - UWATEC Smart Recall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I spoke to my LDS yesterday afternoon about the recall and the availability of replacement units. According to one of the owners, SP does not have inventory of the replacement units yet and it MAY be thirty days before they have sufficent inventory to begin replacing units. That could mean 120 days before you recieve a replacement. I would remind everyone reading this that the time line is composed of estimates and it could be sooner, hopefully.

Just thought I would pass this info along.

Anyone that has bought his SMART computer in LeisurePro and lives out of the US can tell me what he is doing? Can we do the replacement through the LDS's or we must ship the computers to LP?

What LDS would that be and what part of KY are in you in? I haven't talked to my LDS yet, but I am in hopes that they may beable to get me something else either a differrent Uwatec or a Suunto.

quarryrat once bubbled...
I spoke to my LDS yesterday afternoon about the recall and the availability of replacement units. According to one of the owners, SP does not have inventory of the replacement units yet and it MAY be thirty days before they have sufficent inventory to begin replacing units. That could mean 120 days before you recieve a replacement. I would remind everyone reading this that the time line is composed of estimates and it could be sooner, hopefully.

Just thought I would pass this info along.

TheAce once bubbled...
Anyone that has bought his SMART computer in LeisurePro and lives out of the US can tell me what he is doing? Can we do the replacement through the LDS's or we must ship the computers to LP?

Well, look like we are in teh same boat. I sent an e-mail to them yesterday and got a reply back today. Basically they said that they are aware of the problem and is working on a solution right now. They will e-mail me back soon with the when and where to send it back for replacement. I guess I am not holding my breath for the answer since there are no replacement units available for awhile anyway and at least LP is not ignoring the problem.

ssra30 once bubbled...

Well, look like we are in teh same boat. I sent an e-mail to them yesterday and got a reply back today. Basically they said that they are aware of the problem and is working on a solution right now. They will e-mail me back soon with the when and where to send it back for replacement. I guess I am not holding my breath for the answer since there are no replacement units available for awhile anyway and at least LP is not ignoring the problem.

Well, as you said, we ARE in the same boat. I also emailed them and got the same reply. Lets keep each other updated regarding this problem, ok?

I'll send you an email.

cstreu1026 once bubbled...
What LDS would that be and what part of KY are in you in? I haven't talked to my LDS yet, but I am in hopes that they may beable to get me something else either a differrent Uwatec or a Suunto.

I'm in Louisville. I dive the Oceanic computers, for now.

Just got a reply back from LP stating that Uwatec will honor the warranty for the defective product/recall. So I am now waiting for Uwatec to send me a return box.

Sebastian once bubbled...
I got my return post bag this morning. They said it would take sixty days or less (here in Australia)

Wow... that was fast. Lets see how long it will take it to reach me here in Israel...

TheAce once bubbled...

Wow... that was fast. Lets see how long it will take it to reach me here in Israel...

Yeah but they replace it here in Australia. Their Australian office is right here in Syndey.

You should ask them if they replace it locally.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom