Help out a poor Scuba diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The only dive shop I've ever been to that actually had shirts for women was the one I went to when I was diving Ginnie Springs, in Florida. I know I may not dive as often as many of you, or get to travel as far to dive, but I've been to quite a few dive shops, and have yet to find a shirt to my liking that was made for women. I love the designs they throw on the men's shirts, why not just throw it on one more fitting for a woman as well? Instead of making it all girly?

There's nothing wrong with making scuba-themed tops for women. Here's my problem. I have found, in my very brief time in the scuba world, that it is male-dominated and often sexist. So a skimpy tank top with a spring-break "girls gone wild" message like "good girls go down" is not what women scuba divers really need. That is my opinion, everyone has one. :b However, I get that you were just trying to make a cute top since you couldn't find what you were looking for in the shops. There does need to be more stuff out there for women divers, I just wish it was more substantial than a sexy tank top.

First off, by no means did I try to sound snobby in my reply to your post. It's my humor, and obviously needs to be worked on in a forum. -cough- ;D

Anywho. Like I said earlier, the top was really made for me, but I thought I'd post it, and if anyone else liked it, they could get it, too. All the girls I dived with last time I wore it loved it. And I've already had a couple people buy it. [Woo!]

I'm trying to draw out some more ideas, and once I get time on my hands, actually post them on there.

Again, though..if anyone has any ideas, feel free to post.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom