Help Please: Pinnacle Wetsuit Sizing (Polar M8) for a big guy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Barnaby'sDad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I’m currently wearing a Henderson Thermoprene Pro 5mm in 5XL. I’m 6’3”, 295 lbs, wear 42” pants, and have a 48” chest. I bought it when I was at ~330lbs. Having lost some weight, I’m no longer anywhere near as cold tolerant as I was. I previously wore the 5mm all winter.

I want to go to a semi-dry with an integrated hood. It looks like the Pinnacle Polar M8 is the only option that is going to work for me, size wise. My question...what size do I need for Pinnacle? If I go primarily off chest size, it appears that XXL or XXXL might work. However, XXL might be a bit snug in the chest, but the XXXL would be too long...as that’s for 6’5” to 6’8”.

My other question...how generous is size of the hood? I’ve got a big head (lol), so that could end up being a deciding factor. I would appreciate any advice that you can offer up. Thank you.

Size Charts — Pinnacle

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom