Help: Replacement Tank Valve(s)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No you gave enough info and as I and several others have said there is no source for a 7/8-14 valve that is din/yoke compatible. It just ain't made.

IF you want to use these cylinders you will have to convert your regs to DIN.

Even if there was a valve that you could use - you will probably spend $100 or more for them. Money that could be used to finish converting your regs over to DIN.

One last choice for a yoke fitting on a HP tank valve (7/8" thread) is get a modular HP DIN valve and put the "200 bar" H valve on the side. The threads for the H valve (or Crossover) are the same on both 200 bar and 300 bar modular valves so you can mix the 200 and 300 bar H valves. The main fitting would still be 300 bar thread only but the H valve would be convertable from DIN to yoke.

If you want to get really crazy you could machine down the face of the threads to 200 bar height and install a din to yoke insert. Who knows if it will work though.

All my regs are DIN, it really is much better. The only problem is going to tropical destinations and needing to use an adapter but it's not that bad.

If you want to get really crazy you could machine down the face of the threads to 200 bar height and install a din to yoke insert. Who knows if it will work though.

All my regs are DIN, it really is much better. The only problem is going to tropical destinations and needing to use an adapter but it's not that bad.

I'm considered that as well, but just as a last ditch effort. It seems to me that converting the regs would be easier for the OP.

Yeah there's really no 'halfway' approach here. The machining costs would probab cover conversion of at least one reg to DIN in the first place.

And don't forget that after you convert the regs to din you can change back to yoke by saving the parts or getting a yoke adaptor.

There are some yoke regulators that are rated for 3500 service. Even the USD Royal Aqua-Master Doublehose regulator was rated to 3500 psi. And do you really think something that is "rated" to 3442psi wukk fail if you put 58 psi more pressure in it?

And the yoke wasn't really limited to 3000psi by design, just typical use. Sherwood sold yoke valves rated to 5000psi and OMS valves and manifolds are rated for 4500psi, even the "200bar" models.

yoke design may not have been limited to 3000 psi by design ,but, if used at pressures at and above 3500 psi there is a tendency(greater chance) for the o ring to extrude out from the valve and now you have a leak that will drain a tank rather quickly.Do not jerry rig something as you will certainly be asking for trouble.Have the regulator converted to din and get an adapter for yoke tanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom