Help solve the mystery - DUI CF200X Drysuit came without valves and even holes?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fish-Finder

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi All!

This is my first post, very excited to finally post something here :)

I bought used DUI drysuit recently. It is DUI CF200X, however when it came to me i was very surprised to realize that it doesn’t have inlet and dump valves installed!
It doesn’t even have holes for them!

Other then that it looks just like other DUI drysuit, has zip seals installed and has what seems to be normal waterproof zipper. Suit is about 10 years old.

Do you know if DUI ever made this model without valves? Could it be only for surface sports and not suitable for scuba?
Any idea how this suit could end up without valves? Can I just install the valves and dive? :)

I’ve done some research but can’t find that DUI make CF200X without valves.

Any advice is really appreciated!

Inside, on the back between the shoulders, should be a label with a serial number. If it's there, you can call DUI and ask about the suit. But my guess is that if you punch a couple of holes and install the inflater and dump valves everything will be fine.

This suit was not designed for diving. It was likely designed for rafting or other surface work. You should be able to install an inflator and dump valve of send it to DUI and have them do it for you.

Jackie

Some of those suits can be ordered that way for emergency services like shore rescue and fire departments doing river rescue for peeps and animals where there is thin ice to keep the rescuer warm and dry. Only scuba needs the ports for air fill and drain.

Hi All!

This is my first post, very excited to finally post something here :)

I bought used DUI drysuit recently. It is DUI CF200X, however when it came to me i was very surprised to realize that it doesn’t have inlet and dump valves installed!
It doesn’t even have holes for them!

Other then that it looks just like other DUI drysuit, has zip seals installed and has what seems to be normal waterproof zipper. Suit is about 10 years old.

Do you know if DUI ever made this model without valves? Could it be only for surface sports and not suitable for scuba?
Any idea how this suit could end up without valves? Can I just install the valves and dive? :)

I’ve done some research but can’t find that DUI make CF200X without valves.

Any advice is really appreciated!

This should serve as a good lesson to ask questions and see pics BEFORE you buy.

It is a surface suit and not for diving.

Thank you for all replies!

I’ll install the valves and hopefully zipper and material (crashed neoprene in this model) will hold the water pressure during dives.

I guess lack of the valve is the only difference between surface and scuba type in this mode of the suit?

Thank you for all replies!

I’ll install the valves and hopefully zipper and material (crashed neoprene in this model) will hold the water pressure during dives.

I guess lack of the valve is the only difference between surface and scuba type in this mode of the suit?

Crushed neoprene is quite waterproof, and very tough in comparison to trilam. It's also warmer. If it has a dry suit zipper and you install the valves you should be good to go. I hope you got a great deal on this suit! I have two and they have been bulletproof to date.

Crushed neoprene is quite waterproof,

Is it waterproof or isn’t it? Why the need for a qualifier? I’m quite confused.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom