HELP!!! Stuck in Kansas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BradfordNC

Contributor
Reaction score
AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

ok, someone please help me out.

am stuck outside Kansas City for the next month.

where do these people go to dive???????

life without water is killin me.

is there ANYTHING around here???

lol

;-0

BradfordNC once bubbled...
am stuck outside Kansas City for the next month.

I'd say I feel for you but I'm serving a life sentance in this diving wasteland. 1 month? Nope no sympathy from me :eek:ut:.

where do these people go to dive???????
life without water is killin me.
is there ANYTHING around here???

Unless you're in to cave diving you are pretty much stuck with lakes. Table Rock, Bull Shoals, etc. They are still a haul but if you got to get wet....

Blue Water Lake is probalby the closest option for you:

http://www.oronogo.com/oronogo.htm

James Goddard once bubbled...

I'd say I feel for you but I'm serving a life sentance in this diving wasteland. 1 month? Nope no sympathy from me :eek:ut:.

Unless you're in to cave diving you are pretty much stuck with lakes. Table Rock, Bull Shoals, etc. They are still a haul but if you got to get wet....

Blue Water Lake is probalby the closest option for you:

http://www.oronogo.com/oronogo.htm

At least your close to the Bonne Terre Mines, or is that the sort of place you go once and then its 'been there, done that!'

Diversaurus didn't recommend it.

diverjed once bubbled...

At least your close to the Bonne Terre Mines, or is that the sort of place you go once and then its 'been there, done that!'

Diversaurus didn't recommend it.

I haven't been there or done that. It is on my todo list and I will probably get there this fall. It's pricey and has far too many rules for my taste so I'm guessing that once I've done it I will have had my fill.

James

There are places, but it's a 3 hr. drive. Beaver lake is OK if you want to dive. It's located just inside of Arkansas. You can PM mefor more info. I can recommend a dive shop here in K.C. that owns a house on the lake and takes you out diving on their potoon on the weekends. They are resonably priced to stay at their house.
Bonne Terre is OK at best. You have to use their tanks and no lights. You have to go on their tour and dive the beginner dive route. Once you see their prices the Caribbean sounds cheap.

You can always dive locally. Great 1 ft. vis...lol.

Oh, come on now......enjoy KC. Go down to the Plaza at night. Get some of the best B-Q you will ever eat. Take in a Royals game.

Back
Top Bottom