Help, stupid question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pchelp

Reaction score
Hi, looking for some help. Purchased a canister light on ebay, added a new battery, slight tweeking, and I have a working canister light.

How can I figure out what size bulb it has? Uses a std. 12v, 7amp battery, light head is stamped "DIVE RITE MFG. INC.", the handle is a twist-type, to turn the light on/off. I think it's a Halogen, not a HID. Don't see any other markings. When lit, it is too bright to look at directly.

Thanks in advance,

rusty

Is the light head made out of aluminum? It sounds like you may have the older style light head form Dive Rite that uses an MR16 bulb. If you can get the bulb out it should be marked with the part number and wattage. On the top of the light head are there 4 hex head bolts that hold the top on?

Doing a little research, it is the "older" style MR16 (4 hex screws on the outside of the lighthead.

Also, is there anything I need to be careful of when I remove the screws to check out the bulb?

Thanks for the response.

rusty

I figured it out, it's a 50w. From what I read I can increase or decrease the bulb size? Thinking of putting in a 100w, since it will be used for open water day time diving (to look under ledges, etc). Understand this will decrease my battery time.

By the way, any burn time estimates for a 50w bulb, standard 12V 7amp battery? (new battery)

Back
Top Bottom