Help to ID artifact

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diesel298, is nice to see you back, i hope things are better for you, i wish you the best of luck, say hi to Johnyseko for me next time you see him please.

sean22, thank you, i know this guy is in the wrong forum, he keep posting trash all over the place, and as you mention The city of Salisbury is an exempt wreck, i follow the laws and regulations, i do not know what this Jerk wants or who the hell he thinks he is, but he should mind his own business, i mean what is he doing in this forum if he hates this kind of activities.

All i recovered from wrecks is been done legally and as you can tell i use my first name, everybody can tell where i live and what charters i use, i dive with the same people all the time and i let that know to everyone because i have nothing to hide, i guess this troll needs to defog his mask and swim away from me, look for his mother and ask her to teach him some respect and when to keep his mouth shut.

Sorry but i had to do it i respect the opinion of others but this guy is been doing nothing but bothering people in this forum.

Thank you all.

TheFoggyMask:
That was not yours to take. I am passionately against activites exactly like this. Lets get a ton of divers together and have them all try to wretch off a piece of a ship and see what we have left?

HEY!
whatever your views on artafacts is fine. your welcome to your own opinion and i noticed you even have your own little rant thread about it.
But leave it at that..
dont go harassing people and hijacking others threads.
nothing was done wrong here, YOU just dont like it....
so leave it alone..
you dont like it that much..
go write your congressman or something....

Ray

Rafael:
Diesel298, is nice to see you back, i hope things are better for you, i wish you the best of luck, say hi to Johnyseko for me next time you see him please.

Thanks
im gettin there. not diving again yet but soon.
im gonna stop in jamestown tomorow to just hang out a bit i think
if i see JS ill say hello for ya

Ray

Nice find on the Salisbury. I thought my find was cool but yours is much better if you ask me.

See my City of Salisbury find here

Pay no attention to that clown on this board telling you its illegal to take anything from the ship. The ship was blown up to pieces and hes worried about a lever you took....ROFLMAO. Before he bothers you maybe he should go after the divers who removed her 6,000-pound anchor. SEE STORY HERE

My stance is take whatever you want from ANY wreck anywhere anytime. Eventually the ocean will reclaim EVERYTHING. Even the Andrea Doria and Titanic are crumbling to pieces. Sooner or later you won't even be able to get anything out of them because it will all be gone...or buried. Plus everything underwater is covered in marine life anyway so even if you're "there" you can't really see it. Blacksambellamys pictures of his artifact are perfect examples. At least when divers bring things up the general public can view them easily.

Better to sit is someone's house preserved then to decay on the ocean floor. Look at the before and after of my find. What good did it do to leave this pipe fitting on the ocean floor?. Sitting on the bottom in that condition it's nothing more than an unidentifiable piece of litter. Now if someone plans on opening up a museum for every shipwreck then i agree all artifacts should be left alone and go on display. But since this will never happen they are better off on my shelf.

100_100_1090.JPG

100_100_1144.JPG

I agree, if it's something that's just gonig to sit on the bottom and not be seen, then there's much better uses for it. I have a few bits and pieces of my own that i've recovered. Personally though, I hate diving on wrecks that have been stripped bare, and have nothing left worth seeing on/in them. But, each to their own.

whats up peeps ,happy diving. Aussie , ur just mad cause u didnt get there first .just kidden !!

Guys, i'm waiting, any input, guys i been looking around for over a month and till now no answer, please help me out to figure it out.

Thank you.

Beside the pictures all i can say is that is brass, it was on top of the wreck, next to several steel pipes, no wood around, everything i found arund was made out of iron.

Back
Top Bottom