Help! Torn/separated Dump Valve With Course Coming Up (repair Q)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maxpcf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm taking a decompression & advanced nitrox course very shortly (within a week, in pompano, FL) and was hoping to dive it in my HOG sidemount harness.

Unfortunately, the BC is leaking to the point where it is unusable. I dove it several times today, and on the last dive the leak suddenly materialized.

The shoulder dump valve has separated from the surrounding material. It doesn't look as if the BC has actually ripped, but rather that whatever was holding the material of the BC to the valve has failed, separating the BC from the dump valve on one side,

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this type of repair or is aware of a place in FL that can repair this(quickly). I'm also wondering if anyone knows of a place south of Orlando which rents SM gear.

The harness is practically brand new, it's a few months old, and should be covered under warranty- however, I don't think it will be fixed in time.

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

Never seen a failure that you describe as being repairable. Seen a few DIY repairs attempted but they failed to be viable. If the item is under warranty you are in luck, otherwise think you need to buy a new one. Good luck.

I would just call them.

We're available Monday - Friday 9AM - 6PM. Please note the more accurate the information you can provide us with the quicker we can respond to your query.

Back
Top Bottom