Help, we lost 2 yacht anchors!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazyNode

Registered
Reaction score
Hello.

I don't know where to start looking, but I hope this is the right forum topic.

We have lost 2 yacht anchors off our 100ft boat.

We need someone who can help us locate the anchors.

The location is in San Tropez, and approxiametly lost in box area of 150feet x 150 ft, to possibly 600ft x 600ft.

The depth is a range of 25 ft to 75ft.

I'm guessing what you will need is some sort of metal detector.
We can arrange for the anchors to be picked up from the ocean floor once you locate it.

Pay and travels will be negotiated if you can do the job. Thanks!

Should be no problem, if your numbers are good.
I definitely think you are looking for "locals" since the cost of travel, etc would exceed the cost of anchors.
Can tell you that on more than one occassion we have located & returned lost anchors from those depths, no problem - as long as the #'s are accurate.

That's more or less the same PM I sent him Rich. Finding the anchors isn't an issue and bring them up isn't bad. Getting people there to do it at an economically sensible price is the big challenge.

For two of us to come from Alaska to do it, you're talking at least $4000 in airfare and lodging alone. From Miami, it could be done for $1500 or so. Doesn't include what someone could charge for their time, just the travel costs associated with getting there.

He did PM me and let me know it's a pair of 1 ton anchors. That makes for about $2-3k worth of anchor sitting down there before the costs to ship it are figured in.

It's doable, just need to find someone close.

-B.

Well if anyone thinks they can help, please PM me your details and I will forward your contact on.

The owners just want someone who can do the job. They reside in LA, USA and might pick you up on the way if they decide to go with you.

Yes there are 2 x 1tonne anchors
and they have GPS co-ordinates.

Try getting in touch with these guys - a local St. Tropez dive school, they should be able to find the anchors for you:

European Diving School S-798653
Le Kon Tiki
Ramatuelle-St.Tropez
FRANCE
Ph.: (33) 494 799037

I can't imagine there not being a salvage operation in the area

I need experienced people in finding the anchors., there have been 4 unsuccessful dives by 4 different companies so far.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom