Help with Key Largo Dive Shop - Forgot name

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RiverVentures

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just returned from the Keys, we stopped at several dive shops along the way and one in particular had something that I should have bought. I am almost certain it was in Key Largo but there is a chance it was north Islamorada. Anyhow, I would like to contact the shop but I can't remember the name. It is located on the west (Gulf) side of US1, free standing building, and when you walk inside, you enter into a narrow room with a counter that runs down to the left where a large room opens up. They have isles of gear that are in bins in this larger room. Does this shop sound familiar? Anyone know the name?

Thanks if you can help.

I was there recently and I was in that same shop. It's a taller squarish building that's blue i believe. I can't remember the name. Call Silent World, they near it and would tell you the name.

Diver's Supply doesn't have a store in the Keys. Divers Direct is on Key Largo, but it's located in a one story white painted building. Call either the Holiday Isle or Tavernier dive shops, they'll know.

Google: "Key Largo Scuba" or "Key Largo diving".

Was it next to Shell World? It's the store that sells all types of shells.

Its not Divers Direct, ThadMn has the same problem as me, he is right, it is a tall building, high celings, free standing, BC's & wetsuits on the back wall, might be near shell world as we were in there not long before stopping at this shop. We were in the shell world that is in the median before the road comes back together. This shop would have been north of shell world. I did try Google and Google maps but didn't see anything that rang a bell. I rember it being something like Divers Direct or Divers Supply, the name implied discount gear??? Actually, when you enter the store the narrow room goes to the RIGHT not left as I stated and it opens up into this large square room of gear. They had a lot of spear guns, even a few bins of them piled up.

Ok it sounds like you are describing Scuba Quest Outlet I've been there a few times.

Scuba Quest Outlet
106010 Overseas Hwy Key Largo,
FL 33037-3116 (305) 451-1408.

On the front of the store it says Scuba Outlet. Do a street view on Google maps to see if that looks like the place.

*** Edit***
I just found them online
http://scubaquestusa.com/locations/key-largo-scuba-quest/

Last edited:
Yeah, Scuba Quest. A hundred feet before the K.L. Tourist Center and a hundred feet from where Divers Outlet used to be. (They're now World Watersports at ~MM100 now.) Got my Oceanic Probe BC and Veo 250 there. FANTASTIC prices. They had some Oceanic wheeled duffels there a few months ago, damaged: missing cloth strip from a zipper, scratched, or... whatever. If I wasn't flying home I would've picked up two. Bill Wissinger used to run it, IIRC. New people now. HTH

Nice Job!!!! Scuba Quest Outlet...Thats the place I'm looking for. I REALLY appreciate all of your help in nailing this one down. Next time I'll just buy instead of kicking it around. Now to call and see if they will ship the stuff to me. Thanks again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom