Help with Leaky Halcyon Eclipse

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am troubled now; Why is it leaking then? It sounds simple but not sure what is going on. I see bubbles coming from top of the elbow not where the elbow screws into the wing.

Check the plastic ring welded to the bladder? All my Halcyon bladders have a plastic ring sonically welded to the bladder material, and two of them have cracked at the base of the threads. One broke off completely, but one just had a 1” crack in the top portion. Both cases meant new bladders...

Ok. Its too early to bring a tank in a try to inflate the wing. Wife will divorce me by 9am. But to answer some questions, I gently screw it in to make sure I do not cross thread. Then when inflated, I see bubbles come out top of the elbow. No air escaping from the sides where its screwed it.

I will try a new gasket ( have to order one from DGEx) and/or wait for Halcyon on Monday to let me know or I'll call them.

when inflated, I see bubbles come out top of the elbow. No air escaping from the sides where its screwed it.

What happens when you put your finger on the bubble?.................Is the bubble coming out of a hole in the elbow, at the corrugated hose, or the elbow and corrugated hose connection?

would using your mouth preclude divorce from your wife

Ok. Its too early to bring a tank in a try to inflate the wing. Wife will divorce me by 9am. But to answer some questions, I gently screw it in to make sure I do not cross thread. Then when inflated, I see bubbles come out top of the elbow. No air escaping from the sides where its screwed it.

I will try a new gasket ( have to order one from DGEx) and/or wait for Halcyon on Monday to let me know or I'll call them.
I had the samething happen to mine after about 2 years - LDS said they had seen it before and best solution was to replace the whole elbow - did that and it solved the problem!

For now I think I have solved this issue. I inflated the wing then with soapy water saw the bubbles coming from between the elbow and the screw assembly. So I gently moved the elbow and it appears to have sealed.

I don't know if this item (DGEx Elbow) can act as a replacement?

Problem solved: I noticed that the flange is polygonal and needs to seat correctly over the gasket (and flange. One cannot just put the elbow in and hope that the unit will seat correctly.

Hope this helps with folks who may have this issue in the future.

I don't know if this item (DGEx Elbow) can act as a replacement?

It doesn't sound like you need it now, but it should work if the problem recurs. The Halcyon wing uses standard fittings. A lot of us replaced the stock OPV with the superior one from DSS.

Back
Top Bottom