Help with SEAWING NOVA Fins fitting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ggtravel23

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello everyone,
I'm trying to buy a pair of fins Seawing Nova open heel,
I'm a US 11 UK 10 or EU 44 1\2 and I'm wearing a Scobapro 3mm Delat boots.
I tried the medium size and it was a little tight the Large size has a bit of gap on the side of the foot.

What should I go for?
I'm worry to feel uncomfortable after a while with the medium size but as well I'm worry to get the size Large and to loose with the time tension on the bungee cord and get it too loose.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks

I'd go with the large personally. A 3mm boot is pretty thin, so if you ever wanted to wear a 5-7mm boot, you'll wish you had the larges. To give you comparison, I wear a men's US 8 and dive a medium Gorilla Nova. Fit is great and still has a bit of room for the heavier boots.

I'd go with the large personally. A 3mm boot is pretty thin, so if you ever wanted to wear a 5-7mm boot, you'll wish you had the larges. To give you comparison, I wear a men's US 8 and dive a medium Gorilla Nova. Fit is great and still has a bit of room for the heavier boots.

You clear my mind in one go!! Thanks

What you can do is change the bungee length. Here in MT people will buy a new bungee (same size as the one currently on the fin) at a hardware type store, such as Murdoch's which sells horse tack. Then search on youtube for a tutorial as to how to take off the old one and replace it with the new one. It if fairly easy to do.

Based on the original post it appears the pocket of the medium fits better than the large, therefore, I recommend the medium and then change the length of the bungee on the strap.

T
What you can do is change the bungee length. Here in MT people will buy a new bungee (same size as the one currently on the fin) at a hardware type store, such as Murdoch's which sells horse tack. Then search on youtube for a tutorial as to how to take off the old one and replace it with the new one. It if fairly easy to do.

Based on the original post it appears the pocket of the medium fits better than the large, therefore, I recommend the medium and then change the length of the bungee on the strap.

Thanks but for the medium size is not the bungee that worries me but the fit. It fit perfectly like a glove and I feel a little too tight around the foot... I'm worry that with a 3 dives at day I will start to feel uncomfortable....

As well as if I would decide to go for a larger pairs of boots definitely it will not fit and is a bit pricey to have 2 pairs of the same model..

Does it going to affect the performance or even worse does it going to be too loose with the time the Large size?

Thanks

Try a different boot. The exterior width and shape of dive boots varies tremendously. I've been using the seawing nova's since scubapro rolled them out. They are a great fin, there have been some minor design changes and all of them have worked great for me.
Of course, I'm addicted to diving, and have more fins than work shoes, all seawing nova's.

I use mainly scubapro gear, with the exception of dive boots. I prefer akona because they have some reinforcement behind the ankle area, and the pressure from the bungee strap falls all on the sole of the boot, not on me.

If you get the wrong boot, the performances of the fin will not shine through. Too loose, the roll inside the boot-foot-fin will not transmit into thrust. Too tights and you may have a hard time taking the fins off.

Bring your boots, and consider trying others at the shop before you buy.

Cheers,
Ricardo

T

Thanks but for the medium size is not the bungee that worries me but the fit. It fit perfectly like a glove and I feel a little too tight around the foot... I'm worry that with a 3 dives at day I will start to feel uncomfortable....

As well as if I would decide to go for a larger pairs of boots definitely it will not fit and is a bit pricey to have 2 pairs of the same model..

Does it going to affect the performance or even worse does it going to be too loose with the time the Large size?

Thanks

If it is too tight it might be better to have a larger fin with a new bootie. Usually one can find a fin size to fit his/her bootie. On a rare occasion I've came across a person who couldn't use a particular fin because it didn't fit with the bootie.

The performance shouldn't change. If the fin is too tight, especially the strap/bungee/spring, then your foot may go numb, which I have experienced.

Take the fin into a dive store and try it with a different bootie to see how it fits and feels. It may be a simple as changing booties.

Probably late to the party but I'm 10.5 US and wear Large. Same boots and have some room for bigger. There was no chance of med. for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom