Help ys-d1 cannot be turned off

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coralgirl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi,
i am i raja 4 now and one pf my yd-d1 strobe cannot be turned off. It show a red light. Any idea on how to alove this. I ahve to take out the battery to turn the strobe off. For your info ttl (blue lamb ) is blue buat when i turn to off it show a red light.
Pleas help. I am afraid it be flooding if i take it dive

Take out the batteries and leave them out for 10 minutes or so. Then remove the cap that covers the sync cord port and make sure that there is no water in there. Getting a bit of salt water in the sync port can make it behave like that. If everything is dry put it back together and turn it on and put it in TTL mode and then hold the focus light button in for 4 seconds. The lamp should now be red. Take a shot and see if it fires correctly then try to turn it off. If it still stays on, try to take a shot (with the power off). If it fires then stays dark then it is probably the circuit board.
You can of course try it in the rinse tank with no salt water, but I would first take a look at the sync port.
Bill

Thank you Bill. I sent the strobe to sea and sea japan once i arrive home. Too bad i did not read your post in time. It maight work and safe me some money. The waraanty has expired.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back
Top Bottom