Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mantaboy

Registered
Reaction score
I am not a bad diver ( I think 7500 dives is OK) but in computer I am veeeeeeeeeeeery bad. How do you put an icon under the 5 yellow stars when you write a thread ? I'd love to put a small manta.
How do you put a little sentence in little a the bottom of the thread? (like bacchus being another man the day after).
Merci everybody
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMANTABOY

The little picture is called an avatar. You have to have 50 posts to your credit before you can have one.

The little sentence is called your signature. You can add your signature by clicking the blue 'User CP' button at the upper left of the page. Scroll down until you see the window for your signature and add what you wish. But please keep it short and simple.

Yea I know......but not that kind of help :D

That's what I'm doing also.......

Is to put "Finesse" under Finesse.......but I'm trying to figure out which one he is....

I have your picture ......Ummmm .... I mean the picture showing "Buzz" and "Finesse".......and you in the middle of it, Mantaboy......but I see a few of other pics we took on the "Wall" and I cant tell ......which one is he ..... HELP !!!!!!

#1 I like that one alot
#2 Looks like the one on the Manta Wall

in the next post .....
#3 I think you said was Finesse in another post
and
#4 I cant find in any of my Fish ID books :eek:ut:

fd201583.jpg
fd201586.jpg

#3 and 4

fd228625.jpg
fce89c02.jpg

Oops.... thats not a Manta ..... :D

In case you are wondering what we are talking about .... Thierry aka.. Mantaboy is starting an ID program of the Mantas that frequent the lagoon's "Cleaning Station" in Manihi.....So Thierry is starting to document this with pictures to ID the Mantas via the markings on their bellies.....Then the Manta gets a name and a "Discovered on " date...... hence there is a Manta in FP Named Finesse

Dee once bubbled...
The little picture is called an avatar. You have to have 50 posts to your credit before you can have one.

I was wondering the same. How do I add one?

BTW looks like I'll be in Houston in January/Feb. maybe we can have a beer? (or wine...that keeps me in business!)

Finesse once bubbled...
Oops.... thats not a Manta ..... :D

Is that really the first known picture of the elusive New Jersian Tropicanis First Mate Fish?:D :D :D

Finesse

If I remember from what Manta Boy told me when I was there....

#2 is Perdita (you can tell because she has more spots than any of the rest)
#3 he has listed as Finesse (obviously the most handsome of the Mantas except fro maybe Bacchus)
#4 is probably the most prized of all

I think that #1 is George (Manta Boy....correct me if I'm wrong)

Bacchus

In order to get an avatar under your name you have two choices. Firstly select an avatar from the selction provided by the Board - look in your user control panel and the edit option. Secondly, select an avatar from one of the various avatar sites on the web and send it to us. if the latter don't send one of the moving avatars e.g you can get flags which appear to move with the breeze. They are not suitable. Hence if you look at mine - the Welsh flag - you will see that it is motionless. Check out the FAQ section of the Board.

I hope this helps.

regards

Now I am blushing!!! You are too sweet! :winkbl: I so wish our timing would have been so that you and Allison, me and Scott, and dear Jim and Suzie all could have been in FP at the same time!!! Now that would have been fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom